What TV show are you currently watching?

Caught up with the first five or so episodes of new Bloodline yesterday, feels like a misstep at the minute unfortunately.

First season was legitimately top-tier and would stand alone as a great show, second one was a drop-off in quality but I could forgive them for it and it was still well-paced, tense and well-acted. Third one seems a bit let’s-throw-a-lot-at-it-and-see-what-sticks at the minute though…

From poking fun at workplace absurdities to his penchant for a well crafted dick joke; I would say Silicon Valley shares a very similar DNA to rest of Judge’s previous works.

I’m still enjoying SV - but I’m getting a bit fed up with the repetition now

like they constantly seem like they are about to be successful/ rich, then get the rug pulled out from under them. I’d like to see them get successful, and have to deal with the new challenges of that

1 Like

Finished House Of Cards, quite enjoyed it but possibly more for the subplots than the overarching narratives it felt like there was a lot that was still a little ambiguous explained like who exactly is Jane Davis and why did she seem to have such high level clearance

Started Orange Is The New Black, quite enjoying it perhaps I’m easily pleased but it seems like there’s a lot going on.

I finished the Trip the other day, and yeah, what was up with the ending?

I’m a bit behind on the current season but yeah I agree that there is only so much mileage you can get out of them almost making it big. I’ve enjoyed this show a fair bit but I wouldn’t be too sad if season 5 was its last…

finished Kimmy Schmit new season, starting Master of None (from the beginning) now

1 Like

Have you seen Love? That’s good too.

1 Like

I have indeed and concur!

New Netflix obsession: BBQ Pitmasters!

Basically the RuPaul’s Drag Race of meat. Three teams cook two meats each which they don’t know in advance - will the brisket guy be okay with ribs? Can the ribs cook do pork shoulder? Wtf is a tri-tip?

Lots of handy tips for BBQ, like wrap things in tinfoil for the last bit of cooking, or inject things with apple juice!

Love seeing people get mad into their thing, it’s great. Surprising number of winning female cooks too, considering the deep south-ness of it. My assumptions of competition BBQ are being shattered!

2 Likes

What is up with the ending?

Is this UK Netflix or Amurrrcan?

It’s on UK though it’s a US show. I’ve not watched it yet but this recommendation now means I will.

1 Like

Excellent, me too. Today is my Friday, I can spend the next four days watching shit/great TV on Netflix.

2 Likes

Drag Race season 9 - yay top 4!!!

Breaking Bad season 3 (currently on episode 4) - Walt’s behaviour towards Skylar is so awful. was really glad when she shagged Ted. i find the show overall quite watchable and gripping at points but i don’t think it’s as amazing as everyone says it is… does it get way better than this?

Fargo season 3 - don’t really care for it so far. characters/storyline less engaging than in previous seasons imo.

Handmaid’s Tale - got quite emosh during the most recent episode. chilling.

1 Like

Just finishing S5 of House of Cards and my lord has that jumped the shark. Still watchable but doubt I’d bother watching the next (if there is one).

Really looking forward to GLOW. Only a week away now.

I’m increasingly of the opinion that the tension was the main selling point of the show and that not having to wait a week between episodes and a year between seasons has probably ruined a lot of that tension for people taking it up now hence why they might be underwhelmed compared to it’s reputation.

I watched the 1st 2 eps of the new season, but I just can’t be bothered with it anymore. I’m done

I am also looking forward to GLOW. Alison Brie and Marc Maron in a period female wrestling drama. Sign me up

1 Like

Rewatching s1&2 of Fargo. Far superior to S3 imo, there’s just a great emotional core to the early seasons that’s lacking now. Still a great bit of TV though

Finished House Of Cards recently, it was alright quite enjoyed the fact that it looked like the Underwood administration was on the brink of falling apart at any moment