What TV show are you currently watching?

I haven’t, either.

Is this the one where a respected, straight-laced teacher breaks bad and turns into a drug smuggler?

Where do they get their ideas?

Temped to give this a go as Laura Linney is the absolute best, but wondering if it’ll bring anything new to the table?

It’s definitely drawing on lots of other existing TV series

Breaking Bad and Bloodline are the obvious ones. Plus Billions for “confusing financial shenanigans”

eh, it’s maybe if Breaking Bad if Walter White had no real ambition within Fringe’s drug ring and was a money launderer instead.

not saying the comparison is off, but it’s a bit overly simple.

Plus he’s already broken bad when the series starts

was certain i only watched it on terrestrial - turns out it ran from 2000-2004 on Channel 4 at 6pm daily, so it was basically an after-school dinnertime staple for me

anyway i’d love to go back and watch it all as there’s definitely shitloads of it i haven’t seen

I was just 9-13 then which obviously could be old enough to enjoy it, but wasn’t quite in my main area of interest.

And yeah it’s always fun to go back and fill in the gaps of a show you’ve seen most of, I enjoyed catching up all the missing episodes in my HIMYM knowledge and that’s a much lesser show even.

The latest House of Cards is a dud, no? Dunno if I can be bothered carrying on.

yeah - I bailed after a couple of episodes.

Just watched Hinterland and then Cardinal. So good we are going on holiday to the wilds of Wales where we hopefully won’t chuck anyone over Devils Bridge. Love how bleak it all is.

Cardinal was good too, snowy fun in the usual Scandinavian vibe - main guy with an issue, new sidekick with more than one finger in a pie, moody landscape, troubled teens. Top notch.

Now watching The Mist which is awful tbh, I fall asleep each episode and get told off for being rude, but it is v v bad

Ha enjoyed this alternate universe where Harry and Trudy from Mad Men get together

Just watched and enjoyed the first two episodes, I’m intrigued as I’m watching as a wrestling fan (FYI Tammy is a real life pro wrestler) but also because I’m deeply in love with Allison Brie. Cool to see her play the heel though

Is anyone else watching season two of Preacher? Three episodes in and by giving the main trio a goal / quest; it’s improved the show big time.

I am very much watching it. In fact I just watched the latest episode. I loved the first series and the second one is even better so far. It’s just a bit of a shame that Jesse is such a horrible dickhead. I mean, he is such an arsehole. Still enjoying it though.

Got Amazon Prime for American Gods and Preacher and have really enjoyed Sneaky Pete. Giovanni Ribisi is sooo good. Kind of liked I Love Dick and really liking Mozart in the Jungle.

Quited enjoyed the first season too! It was a bit of a mess at times but there was still plenty to like. This season has started with much more focus. Loved the car chase in the opener and montage of what Fiore had been up to since being trapped on earth. The dynamic between the core characters has been great too - they bounce off each other well!

Jesse’s conflicted for sure but he’s hardly the biggest dickhead on telly at the moment (unless things have happened in the three episodes I’m behind on…). I don’t mind him though plus also I tend to find Tulip and Cassidy much more interesting.

Well let you know when I’m all caught up!

1 Like

Rewatching the Danish Killing. Getting really confused between the US version and this one.

rewatching s3 of boardwalk empire. richard harrow :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Just got round to watching Fargo, bout 45 mins into first episode.
It’s great :+1:

1 Like

The Keepers - netflix documentary about an unsolved murder of a nun in baltimore that leads to allegations of widespread abuse by priests. Pretty bleak and unrelenting case studies of the victims but also a bit of a mess as a film as a whole.

Missing Dial - utterly bizarre natgeo doc/reality show about an investigation into an american’s disappearance in the costa rican jungle. Nothing about this made any sense at all and i’m a bit irked about having watched it all.