What TV show are you currently watching?

Dear White People.

Haven’t seen the film but I’m enjoying the show. I like how it shines a light on the sort of accidental racism white people don’t realise we’re engaging in. Like when the ginger girl in the near-threesome goes on about how terrible white people are without letting Lionel get a word in, then starts touching his hair and says he looks like Wiz Khalifa (though those two bits are more obvious racism). Also when Gabe calls the police at the party not realising that they’d blame Reggie for the fight.

Classic case of whitewashing in the second half of the above post.

1 Like

Crashing with Pete Holmes and HBO’s Togetherness. Both pretty, pretty good.

I’m about five episodes in to Ozark and it’s starting to lose me. The first episode was brilliant.

it gets a bit better again towards the end, but I’m still not entirely sure what to think of it.

1 Like

I’m currently watching this! I’m reaaaally enjoying it. I :heart: Laura Linney.

Anyone for some Lemonade?

Recently re-watched Freaks and Geeks. I think it has some of the best character development of any show I’ve ever seen.

5 Likes

first episode of Room 104 was good. Some sort of anthology series from the Duplass brothers.

also rewatching Parks & Rec.

just what the hell were they going for with Brendanawicz?

Togetherness was very good on an incredibly small scale, I see why it didn’t last but I enjoyed it loads. Great music selection, especially the Rush drumming scene and the music at the end of season 1 and leading into start of season 2

1 Like

I enjoyed it loads more than I thought I would, really like the character episode spotlights and the alternative perspectives it gives us. Also good to see that the show targets everyone equally, plenty of the black groups get stick for their particular ways of over or under emphasising the race problems they are facing. The voiceover took a while to get used to but I like it now, very arch.

1 Like

haha yes! That was a great scene. There was some quality music on there, had me looking up who it was after a good few episodes. It’s a shame it got cancelled, I know what you mean though.

The Duplass brothers are talented dudes. Have you seen ‘Creep’?

Yeah it made me really wish more shows would do that sort of seamless transition from one season to the next - but I guess that’s asking a lot of the audience to be invested enough to remember those details from year to year. My Mistakes by Eleanor Friedberger has become one of my go to uplifting tracks when I need a mood boost due to that show.

Nah that was the only piece of their work that I’d seen, though I’m planning to watch Room 104 and obviously they’re pretty tied to Transparent too. Worth a shot?

1 Like
1 Like

This has gone straight on to my monthly playlist, cheers.

1 Like

Creep is one of the most original horrors I’ve seen in the last few years, I’d highly recommend it.

I’ve just read up about Room 104 after reading your post so I’ll be watching that soon too.

@zxcvbnm
@anon80418723

Did you finish The OA and is it worth watching?

this post has just reminded me that i never did finish The OA (and probably won’t)

I did and I would say “yes”.

But it’s definitely divisive. And nuts. It’s completely nuts.

1 Like

Yes I did! I finished it pretty quickly, it’s not like super amazing but it’s an entertaining story and Brit Marling is good. I enjoyed it for what it was, and will probably watch season 2.

:grin: I’m rewatching all of Peep Show since it’s all on Netflix, and guys, Peep Show is probably the greatest British comedy show of all time.

:disappointed_relieved: Still haven’t watched the last ever episode of Gilmore Girls since I don’t want it to end.

:angry: REALLY WANT SEASON 2 OF WESTWORLD TO COME OUT.

1 Like