What TV shows are you currently sitting through whilst your partner/flatmate/mum &dad watches them?

Reggie Yates judging people for doing things that he’s too holier than thou to ever have tried.

Cash in the Attic’s risque follow up.

don’t actually WATCH it, obviously. Sit on the sofa at the same time, reading a book, great content on drowndinsound.com, watching SPORT on the Ipad, that kinda thing.

She’s currently working her way through ‘Lost’ (I don’t like it) while I’m working through ‘Mad Men’ (she doesn’t like it). As such there’s this constant angling by each of us to get the other to just fuck off from the living room.

For me it’s all incarnations of Say Yes To The Dress

1 Like

… I play the “how old is X” game. We both have to guess and actors age (or I don’t shut up about it) and then I look them up on IMDB on my phone.

I’m really good at it.

Oh Jesus Christ, this is the default when there’s “nothing on”

1 Like

get out

1 Like

I hoped that after I got married I wouldn’t have to watch things like this again. How wrong I was…

1 Like

housemate watches looooads of American stuff, i sit around on the internet or reading and tune most of it out. recent(ish) breakdown:

Gotham, Agents of Shield, Elementary, The Walking Dead (all shit)

Billy on the Street (absolutely dreadful try-hard stuff)

Saturday Night Live (political sketches at the beginning are often good, the rest is terrible)

@Midnight (like an American Mock The Week, very hit and miss, i just like it when someone unexpected pops up like Josie Long/Aisling Bea/Claudia O’Doherty/J Mascis/Jeff Tweedy)

Conan, John Oliver, Daily Show, Samantha Bee (all quite good actually, though Oliver’s not on at the minute and he’s mostly stopped bothering with the latter two since the election as it’s too depressing)

was delighted when he started watching Seinfeld from the start cos it’s now on Amazon Prime, but he’s tailed off already, a couple of episodes into season 3.

Celebrity Big Brother - which seems to have been going on for about 5 years.

Coach Trip go to Marbs - completely ruined the format, all the contestants are Shipwrecked-lite personality sponges. 2 decent girls did decide to leave yesterday though when they knew they were going to get voted out which was great bants.

I just find it really shouty, dude humour, much like It’s Always Sunny…, which I’ve tried, and just can’t get on board with

All those diet shows
Graham Norton
Undateables

There’s the hospital ones too, it’s not that I mind them, it’s just that I’m veeeeery squeamish and there’s always the risk that I’ll black-out at some point during the show. I don’t need that stress.

Don’t worry, you’re in the majority on these here boards