what u subscribing to

I subscribe or have subscribed to cat litter and flea treatments. Oh and I said no to the gym earlier but I do subscribe to Frame - dancing about to 90s music classes.

2 Likes

Netflix
Disney
Now TV (Ā£3pm, best Ā£3 a month I spend tbh. Done a full wire, sporanos, Chernobyl and boardwalk empire rewatch recently)
Brewser (beer wanker thing)
Spotify

Not sure you can subscribe to a window cleaner

1 Like

The fuck is a toothpaste tablet??

Iā€™m certain you could work it out if you put your mind to it.

• Xbox Game Pass thing
  • PS Plus thing
  • Playing the Switch online
  • Some other game thing
  • All of the above
  • None of the above but I might
  • None of the above, NERRRDS

0 voters

Unlimited cinema for Ā£12 a month, Iā€™ll have you know.

1 Like

I meanā€¦ sure. Never heard of them before though. Sounds a bit futuristic if Iā€™m honest, like the Jetsons might have used toothpaste tablets.

1 Like

Oh this reminds me I subscribe to the Verso book club. Ridiculous amount of books each month for Ā£5 (though think itā€™s gone up to Ā£10 now)

(Also donā€™t read them)

3 Likes
  • Who Gives a Crap or similar
  • Harryā€™s/Estrid razors
  • Smol dishwasher tabs
  • None and no interest
  • None but I might in the future

0 voters

Oh thanks for the reminder. Time to put in my yearly order of toilet roll. What a Xmas tradition! (I use ShearWater in Wales)

1 Like

The New Yorker

1 Like

I know some people think these are great, but I canā€™t understand the attraction at all. Being able to adapt your cooking to what you have available is a great thing.

Absolutely perfect for time poor single parents. Cooking is a privelege to many poor people. Apart from the gross amount of waste packaging in these and the fact veggie or vegan options are so bad these serve a brilliant purpose. Or they would if they were affordable enough for those people to buy.

2 Likes

Hey! Iā€™m subscribing here!

6 Likes

Iā€™ll have you know itā€™s my sister funding terrorism Iā€™m just innocently stealing from terrorism

3 Likes

Um, yeah. Building up and destroying your argument in the same post - but I see what you mean.

Heartā€™s in the right place in that case then, but surely very little time is saved in prep and thereā€™s nothing you couldnā€™t get in a supermarket delivery?

Wait fuck what?

Well taking poverty out of the equation the time poor still benefit from it, plus disabled people and people with neurodiversities who might feel overwhelmed by the prep that goes into meals etc. Being a poor, neurodiverse single parent, I was gifted a few of these boxes and yes, a lot of time and stress was saved. Iā€™d never cooked a meal for me and my daughter before the boxes apart from beans on toast, fish finger sandwiches - I often work 6 days a week and I canā€™t pop out to the shops for food shopping when sheā€™s in bed, I forget things a lot too because of the ND stuff. Supermarket deliveries require meal planning that Iā€™m not able to do and thatā€™s the whole appeal of the boxes - itā€™s not the cooking itself, though yes, theyā€™re all under 30 mins, but the fact they think of the meals, balance the nutrition, weigh things out, tell you the order. I donā€™t agree with the cost but I think theyā€™re invaluable to a lot of people who canā€™t cook fresh food otherwise so thereā€™s a great benefit to them for people who need additional support.

8 Likes

AEW Plus/NJPW for wrestling high jinks
DAZN for Boxing

After running through these polls, seeing how many subs Iā€™ve got (and how many Iā€™m considering) I think I finally understand why Iā€™ve never got any fucking money.

1 Like

100% behind that then. As you say, the packaging waste is a real shame, and they are really overpriced, but itā€™s good they exist for the small part of their audience that it makes a real life-changing difference to.

2 Likes