What was the first big 'event episode' of a soap that you can remember watching?

I think Annalise and Marc’s wedding in Neighbours… When he walked down the aisle and then decided at the last minute he wanted to be a priest.

Made me nervous about weddings for years that

4 Likes

Did he get up out of a wheelchair?

Turns out I have a lot of questions about Neighbours.

I was going to say this one. Vaugely remember it being the 1st hour long special episode on a Friday night. I am very sad sometimes.

I don’t think so… I remember he was very anti religion but had some sort of epiphany, wheelchair may have been involved…?

1 Like

I love this thread, thanks

I’ve broken it down soap-by-soap.

NEIGHBOURS: Julie Martin falling off the balcony, the Kennedy’s moving in, Annalise getting jilted cos her fiance decided to become a priest or some shit

CORRIE: Deirdre Barlow’s Moroccan lover

BROOKIE: Mick trying to marry someone but getting arrested at the altar or some shit. Or Nat and

GRANGE HILL: Judi falling off the balcony

BYKER GROVE: Nat and Georgia, brother and sister, going at it

EASTENDERS: Sanjay getting racist abuse. Or Phil flushing Ian’s head down the toilet

4 Likes

amazing band name btw

1 Like

I very clearly remember des getting electrocuted by a faulty plug in Stefen Dennis’ office.

Also clearly remember rick(?) hiding something (some money?) in a totem pole in Lou carpenters car show room, and then this never being mentioned again

Both BIG events

1 Like

When Lou and Doug (?) went camping and ingested a load of hallucinogenic mushrooms

1 Like

Drew died!?!?! :frowning_with_open_mouth::open_mouth::dizzy_face:
Shocked!

fell off a horse

(it was a contract dispute so they killed him off there and then, see ya drew)

Brookside.

I think he did a mercy killing.

Oh shit, it’s all coming back to me now.
Classic bouncer the horse

1 Like

SORRY OBVS

Byker Grove was when the lads and lasses from Byker Grove had a big fight with the Denton Burn crew

3 Likes

Car lot fire.

The Moby!

1 Like

Earl (Ron Dixon) has gone on record as saying that his favourite scene of Brookside was a breakfast scene filmed entirely in one shot. Earl’s character, Ron, sat in the centre of the scene as various other characters attempted to steal his breakfast, ultimately leading Ron to exclaim: “Hey! Where’s me tea gone?”.

1 Like

oh yeah my mum reckons my first words were ‘poor Bobby’ at some poor sap on Home and Away called Bobby having a rough time. Don’t remember it obvs but there you go. Poor Bobby.

1 Like

Remember Rob Hawthorn getting Lucy addicted to heroin then there was a big special episode in a water tower.