What was the number one song in the charts on the day you were born?

This song always reminds me of Thailand because when we went there in 2001 the hotel used to play it to death in the restaurant! We only ate there once. That was enough.

1 Like

I remember that song very well from my youth. They resurrected Jukebox Jury in the 1990s. Glenn Mederios was the secret guest who had to come out to his song being ridiculed. I think Vic and Bob were on the panel. That clip is probably on YouTube somewhere.

2 Likes
1 Like

Along with Carter USM attacking Phillip Schofield and Shakin’ Steven attacking Richard Madeley.

1 Like

Found it. I remember watching it that evening. Worth watching again.

That’s brilliant. Never seen that before!

It’s very funny.

(Old man alert.) I can’t believe it was 27 years ago!!!

Ha! The amount of discussion this has generated makes me feel much better about my dud of a birthday song :wink: :beers:

2 Likes

I slowed danced to that with Sarah Davies at a school disco (aged 11) #memories

2 Likes

It’s a very famous song for us oldies. It had huge kitsch value then and obviously now.

1 Like

The unfortunate thing is that I know I’m going to have to listen to it all the way through. The fucking song has been in my head for the last 20 minutes :angry:

2 Likes

Honestly, it’s the only song posted in this list so far that I can’t ever remember hearing. It must just have never made it onto TOTP 2.

Same

This banger

1 Like

Bette Davis Eyes

Right tune

4 Likes

Sadly.

Oh dear! :joy:

Tune