What was your first word?

Not gonna pretend I haven’t completely stolen this idea off @AdrianWebb but here goes. Pretty straightforward thread.
Mine was ‘dustman’ which I’m informed I pronounced as ‘dumpsen’ to the amusement of everyone around. Used to look out the window for the binmen every week apparently, what a sad little life.
Now you!

4 Likes

Dont think it was my first word but very early on in being able to speak I used to pick up the phone and yell “HAPPY!”

5 Likes

No idea. Just spent 2 weeks with my parents and have no desire to communicate with them in the near future.

I have no idea what my 1st word was but I can say that with my two girls the eldest’s 1st word was ‘football’ and the 6yo’s was ‘guitar’

2 Likes

squidpan

18 Likes

What are their usernames?

1 Like

:smiley::smiley::smiley:

1 Like

It was “clock”, bizarrely.

1 Like

Gonna answer the phone with this at work today.

1 Like

Asked my parents once and they said they didn’t think it was worth remembering :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

Nee naw caravan (or an approximation of it)

It’s what I called my toy ambulance.

4 Likes

Abba

1 Like

Always suspicious of people whose first word wasn’t “mama” or “dada”. Apparently my sister’s first word was “Gorbachev” but I call bullshit on that.

7 Likes

“Bus” according to family folklore

No idea, I was quite young and don’t remember

2 Likes

Sometimes people who were older at the time like to remind you once you too have aged a bit.

‘nonny’ which was my word for pencil, for whatever reason.

Then ‘diddydoosh’ which is what I called the washing machine.

1 Like

And is now what I will call it also.

1 Like

If you think about it, douche is French for wash, so I was a VERY intelligent baby

3 Likes

digger

1 Like