What was your most embarrassing moment of 2020?

Still get the cold sweats about how close I got to texting “Andy’s such a fucking fanny, he’s managed to fuck up his travel AGAIN and is too much of a fanny to sort it himself so he’s trying to find an admin to do it for him. The fanny.” to… Andy instead of Dr Mrs Epimer. Was about to hit send and got interrupted by someone, then came back to it and saw.

Christ.

3 Likes

I definitely thought there was going to be some kind of video call catastrophe which would’ve led to you cutting ties with your uncle forever.

1 Like

Crying uncontrollably during the Will Ferrell Eurovision movie because the semi final bit with Sigur Ros over the top was too emotionally taxing for me

6 Likes

:smiley: hey, it could still happen!

1 Like

Pervo I love you so much

He is an absolute fanny though tbf

best friend cutting me out? no tears. losing my job? no tears. pandemic? no tears. the apparent death of Iceland’s Eurovision dreams? nope, i’m fucking goneeee.

3 Likes

i would also say that a man hitting on me courtesy of me posting an amusing Reddit post about having a fetish for the Grinch is up there.

one of his messages said “I assume furry green dicks aren’t your thing then? regardless of size” and I was like nghhhhh ok the only way to defuse this is to be really fucking weird in response so I said “probably not, fortunately for the local caterpillar population” and then he replied with “somewhat insatiable, then?” FFFFFFFF

2 Likes

This is all amazing!

thankfully the opportunities for social embarrassment have been limited this year (yay pandemics!) but I still cringe when I think about this

2 Likes

I love how just this on it’s own is a nice, slightly embarrassing story but then…

this is the rudest thing I have ever read. :grimacing:

2 Likes

Liking The Prom a lot.

I’m a complete coward so after I sent the photo to the electrician I just blocked his number hoping to never here from him again. Being a family friend my gf wasn’t comfortable with my cowardice so text him an apology:

I begged my gf not to tell her family as I was so embarrassed but then this photo from her dad arrived in my inbox the day after:

32 Likes

Think this might have happened last Jan, maybe December 2018…

Had just got the kids out of the car in the Sainsbo’s car park, put the toddler in the trolley and turned round to see an older gent park in the family parking spaces, get out and march off towards the shop. There are constantly wankers parking there when they shouldn’t and it had been grinding my gears for weeks.

“SCUSE ME! EXCUSE ME MATE!!! YOU’RE NOT ALLOWED TO PARK THERE. ITS FOR FAMILIES WITH KIDS ONLY.”

“The kid’s in the car smart arse”

“Where are you going then? Just going to leave them there while you’re in the shop?”

“Not that it’s any of your business but normally when I go to the shops I get a trolley first”

That was bad enough, then when I made a beeline for the shop my wife said I was a total tit and started laughing at me and timed how long it took for the red to leave my cheeks. And then every time we turned round an aisle, there was the guy, with a kid in his trolley and he made a point of making eye contact each time.

10 Likes

Tbh I’m pretty scundered for my big boss who said three times during the year that there was ‘light at the end of the tunnel’ only to be faced with more spikes in cases each time

Had to abandon someone’s appraisal on Zoom because my cat, my dog and 3 lads who had shown up to move some furniture started having a row behind me.

3 Likes

That’s my secret cap, my whole life is an embarrassment

2 Likes

Flooded the downstairs flat twice in three days in the summer. The first time they were friendly about it, the second time, not so much.

2 Likes

when I went to a clinic to donate antibodies in April or May or something (I called about donating blood and it ended up with me booked in for antibody donation once they’d found out i’d had covid symptoms) and they couldn’t find a vein, so couldn’t donate.

stupid thing to feel embarrassed about but I had to do the walk of shame to the carpark right past loads of people hooked up to machines and that and was screaming out to say ‘SORRY LADS THEY COULDN’T FIND A VEIN HAHA, FUCK ME RIGHT ANYWAY GOOD ON YOU FOR COMING IN AND THAT’

1 Like