What was your nearest second-tier theme-park / amusement park / whatever as a child?

American Adventure. Drayton Manor 2nd

Forgot about Drayton Manor. I’m probably equidistant from there too

Oakwood, back when it had a single rollercoaster and a pirate ship. It has all sorts there now.

2 Likes

Cricket St. Thomas. The infamous Blobbyland: Pictured: The abandoned ruins of Mr Blobby theme park after ravers trash site | Daily Mail Online

Actual amusement park was probably Creeley, which is still going.

Pleasurewood Hills.

I absolutely loved that place. Wouldn’t sleep the night before if I knew we were going.

1 Like

Paultons Park most likely. It should really be Clarence Pier, but that’s well and truly a third rate attraction. http://www.clarencepier.co.uk/rides.html

In my mind, it was gargantuan, but I imagine if I went back it would be amusingly small. Loved that series of houses in the (IIRC) wild west section with all the obstacles to negotiate. And the spaceship with the slide. And obvs the pirate barrels. Absolute gem of a place!

I was supposed to go with my Godson over the summer but I had too many weddings to attend :expressionless:

Used to cry at that massive dragon that raised its head. Big fan of the bloke on the bench who’d have a chat with you when you sat down next to him (thinking back, this was an actual thing right, not something I’ve repressed?).

Absolutely no idea. We never did stuff like this.

REmember going to some weird place near NyacAstle with loads of people dressed up as/models of victorians in it.

Yes!!!

And I loved the magic tap :smiley:

1 Like

DiS meat?

Lol I would love the idea of a bunch of indie kids descending on Sundown :')

1 Like

Best log flume and rapids there, hands down

birdworld

Beamish. that was it

Drive past this quite often on the way to Somerset. True story.

Hands up on the rollercoaster, though

1 Like