What was your secondary school like? With polls and chat

For a while mines was a Scottish football powerhouse : Paul McStay, Phil O’Donell, Paul Hartely and in my year Stephen McManus and myself of course. Snooker player Alan mcmanus as well. Also according to the wikipedia page a Tuner prize winner and Donnie Burns a 14-time World Professional Latin Dancing champion.

1 Like

Sir George Bishop CB OBE, Chairman from 1972-9 of Booker-McConnell, President from 1957-8 of the International Sugar Council
Prof Jeffrey King, Professor of Civil Engineering from 1953-72 at Queen Mary, University of London
Rear Adm Robert Love OBE, Chief Naval Engineer Officer since 2008
Rodney Robert Porter, biochemist, won the 1972 Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine for discovering the structure of antibodies, Whitley Professor of Biochemistry from 1967-85 at the University of Oxford
Sir John Randall, physicist who invented the cavity magnetron, currently found in microwave ovens
Reginald Treharne, Professor of History from 1930-67 at University College of Wales, Aberystwyth

PRESIDENT OF SUGAR

Posh sod aye?! Fuck you pal :fu:
:wink:

1 Like

:wave:

2 Likes

I was there long before made in chelsea but presumably people of the same ilk must have been there yet I never met many people like that, probably operate on a completely different echelon

1 Like

Massively failed my RE GCSEs cause in the exam the question was “funerals are for the living, not for the dead - do you agree or disagree with this statement?” and I was like BULLSHIT don’t be so ridiculous there wouldn’t even be a funeral without a dead person
Then I got home and was like oh fuck

28 Likes

That’s some smart alumni.

Did the school have a motto?

Our was En dieu es mon esperat, if I am not making that up, which I might be. Just noticed it’s been changed to: be the best that you can be. Meh.

smarted smoking at 21 cos I’m a moron!

Think ours was ‘please just dont set fire to anything today’

8 Likes

Cool question!

The place was awful when I was there because it was basically a finishing school for the millions of private schools nearby. Just kept to myself and my m9s and signed up for a drowned in sound account.

1 Like

Did any of the teachers have the same surname as the name of the school?

• Yes
  • Of course not

0 voters

We had two teachers both with the surname Birchall, the school was Byrchall. It seems that one of them, or maybe even a third Mr Birchall, is now the headmaster.

The members of Depeche Mode (a girl im my music class was one of their nieces). I think a couple of sportspeople but I don’t remember who.

The second college I went to claimed Idris Elba and Adam Gemili as former pupils.

1 Like

Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus

Which means “Never tickle a sleeping dragon”. Seriously, the bullshit at my school didn’t stop there

6 Likes

@badmanreturns

Nothing too exciting happened at my school. Quite a lot of rough people. Went through a period of time where a lot of people got stabbed with various things and anything Burberry got banned due to theft.

Ahh Essex

This is still correct.

The best part of my school was when 200 people would play a game called ‘catch a ball kick a ball’, in which a ball would be kicked in the air and 200 people would chase after it, try and catch it and then kick it in the air again. Was basically a huge mosh pit for 45 minutes

5 Likes

Love you ruffers x

2 Likes