What was your secondary school like? With polls and chat

Nothing too exciting happened at my school. Quite a lot of rough people. Went through a period of time where a lot of people got stabbed with various things and anything Burberry got banned due to theft.

Ahh Essex

This is still correct.

The best part of my school was when 200 people would play a game called ‘catch a ball kick a ball’, in which a ball would be kicked in the air and 200 people would chase after it, try and catch it and then kick it in the air again. Was basically a huge mosh pit for 45 minutes

5 Likes

Love you ruffers x

2 Likes

Think it was about 1300 when I left. Is now over 1500 appazas

1 Like

<3 <3

1 Like

“Together We Excel”

Trying to think of a decent spreadsheet joke but failing, please imagine I came up with something witty.

5 Likes

Whereabouts were you? Chelmsford crew here. Literally zero diversity but not much violence. LOADS of dodgy teachers though.

Instead of writing the whole motto, they just use Autosum.

2 Likes

‘Endeavour’

Very original

Head lad/gals up in here?

• I was a Head Boy/Girl
  • On the team but not head honcho
  • Nominated but no dice
  • Far too badass for that

0 voters

@ma0sm

1 Like

Sounds like we’re from the same ends! Barking College was where idris Elba studied drama? Possibly Sophie Okonedo as well. I did media production though, not as glam

I think it might have been a bit more normal when I was there, it was just considered the 6th form of the local schools that didn’t have one, but there was definitely a bit of a private school element but it wasn’t the dominant. it was a terrible college though in how they treated people, they would wait until right before the final exams and then kick people out who they thought would bring their grade average down (but late enough to have already received the funding, kind of like the school in pump up the volume), I knew several people who that happened to, some never went back to education so it really impacted them

Royal grammar school m9. Fucked it off to go to the big 6th form college in town with my pals and not do ancient greek/Latin and be surrounded by tories

Sally gunnell was the star former pupil of my high school, and David Wicks off Eastenders

1 Like

What was teacher turnover like?

• Same teacher’s from year 7 to 13
  • The same faces usually stuck around
  • Most teacher’s lasted a few years
  • Pretty much a revolving door
  • Each year we got a new head of Defence Against the Dark Arts because the incumbant teacher died/went mad/was a pawn of Lord Voldemort’s

0 voters

1 Like

Basildon? My parents went to barstable and fryerns

I was forecast to be really successful in school, and aced a load of tests to show I was a freaking genius or something then the school brought me in on the last day and told me (They hadn’t told me before then) and said how disappointed they were in me for turning out to be a massive let down bell end with no brains.

So I had head girl written all over me on day one but no dice.

3 Likes

I’m fully up for a HP in joke account despite 90% of it going over my head

3 Likes

Only famous* person who went to my school was Scott Mills. However, my friend’s brother’s gf once dated Craig David.