What was your secondary school like? With polls and chat

It’s alright, I will teach you the ways of the force, halfling

Am I doing this right?

Very charismatic, pretty friendly. I sat next to him at a prize-giving event one year (he’d won the RE prize, and I’d won the History prize).

Yep, Barking and Dagenham, or BarkDag as no one but my brother called it. I was wasting time doing patisserie after I dropped out of uni :+1:

Definite diser

1 Like

Went to a C of E school, but it was basically the best high school in the area (that wasn’t the Boys/Girls Grammar). The main building was from the 1850s and had towers with classrooms in it that were obviously haunted. The school also had its own Chapel which apparently has its own Wikipedia page?

Also we had an actual working farm and did Agricultural Studies. Essentially we were free labour and they used to make us lads muck out the cows and other shit jobs (literally and figuratively).

So many incedents of teachers shagging students.

Ours were all pretty tawdry - who was sleeping with who, most of which i can believe.

Just remembered my name and photo is buried in a time capsule under my high school’s maths and drama building :joy:

8 Likes

Oh we had a really big old high ceilinged hall and just before a mock exam someone tied a rape alarm to a helium balloon and let it off in there and they couldn’t get to it and we thought the mock would be cancelled but we just had to do it in a different room

4 Likes

Really, they all turned out to be true.

Mr. ‘Paedo’ Morris served two years in jail for sexually assaulting a student.

Mr Rosario and ms Turner WERE sleeping with each other (they actually announced their thing and that they were moving to Thailand together at a school assembly)

Mr Smith was sleeping with ms etherington (was friends with ms etherington’s son and the first time I went round to play time crisis, mr Smith was walking around the house shirtless)

It’s all true

1 Like

Man, time crisis was so good

4 Likes

One of the guns he had didn’t work :rage:

1 Like

Remember one of them resigned when he realised that he was teaching one of the kids of a pupil he’d taught in his first year out of teacher training. “I’ve been doing this too long, fuck that, etc”.

1 Like

School was truly the best days of our lives

• Agree
  • Somewhat agree
  • Not really
  • No. Just no.

0 voters

Yep, James Hornsby (cannot seem to remember the former name, totally blanking on it).

Barstable is now the Basildon Lower Academy, which is possibly the most dispiriting name I can think of (with Chalvedon being the better sounding Upper Academy)

I have no recollection of there being a Fryerns secondary, but with the renaming trend I probably know it as something else (De La Salle maybe?)

My mate’s son has just started comp. A current teacher there was in his year and he says was most notable for pissing themselves in front of a class in year 7 and he plans on using it as prime rumour ammo if the going gets rough :joy:

5 Likes

Beautiful

1 Like

Did you wear a blazer to secondary school?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

Neither exist anymore I don’t think, pretty sure fryerns is houses now, prettt much over the road from barstable

Yeah, plenty of new(er) houses over from Barstable/Lower Academy and some council buildings, that would explain it.