What was your secondary school like? With polls and chat

Current BBC political correspondent Chris Mason…nobody else I’ve heard of, though

I hung out with people who smoked even though I didn’t

1 Like

No one that I remember. A few people from my year and year above have gone on to be successful - three actors/producers in LA doing pretty well, and the guy who sat next to me in English is a fairly successful model. Think our only proper claim to fame was that it used to be a POW camp and that German goalie was held there, can’t remember his name though. Oh and for some reason we used to get premier league football teams who were past through using our front football pitch for practice. David Ginola was playing out there one afternoon at the peak of his Head and Shoulders advert fame. It was a really shit pitch and half up hill, god knows why they used it.

Bert Trautmann?

We don’t have sixth form but tend to do an extra year at uni instead

2 Likes

That’s the one

1 Like

Oh :frowning: Was he a cunt back then too?

We had an actor and a radio 1 dj.

Did your religious education make you:

• More religious
  • less religious

0 voters

idk i meant it more in the way we have here where there are Catholic schools which are in part ran by the catholic church, and state schools which are non-religious

No we do 6 years of high school (1-6) but go to uni a year early.

(May have all changed now, it’s been a while!)

1 Like

Was in the same English class as Rachel Hurd wood for 2 years at the college in question. She was cool !

Oh, and the made in Chelsea person was in my year but I never met her.

1 Like

Already a big fan of this account. Welcome!

Needs a neither

I don’t remember so I don’t think we had houses?
Probably just a colour if anything

For a while mines was a Scottish football powerhouse : Paul McStay, Phil O’Donell, Paul Hartely and in my year Stephen McManus and myself of course. Snooker player Alan mcmanus as well. Also according to the wikipedia page a Tuner prize winner and Donnie Burns a 14-time World Professional Latin Dancing champion.

1 Like

Sir George Bishop CB OBE, Chairman from 1972-9 of Booker-McConnell, President from 1957-8 of the International Sugar Council
Prof Jeffrey King, Professor of Civil Engineering from 1953-72 at Queen Mary, University of London
Rear Adm Robert Love OBE, Chief Naval Engineer Officer since 2008
Rodney Robert Porter, biochemist, won the 1972 Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine for discovering the structure of antibodies, Whitley Professor of Biochemistry from 1967-85 at the University of Oxford
Sir John Randall, physicist who invented the cavity magnetron, currently found in microwave ovens
Reginald Treharne, Professor of History from 1930-67 at University College of Wales, Aberystwyth

PRESIDENT OF SUGAR

Posh sod aye?! Fuck you pal :fu:
:wink:

1 Like

:wave:

2 Likes

Massively failed my RE GCSEs cause in the exam the question was “funerals are for the living, not for the dead - do you agree or disagree with this statement?” and I was like BULLSHIT don’t be so ridiculous there wouldn’t even be a funeral without a dead person
Then I got home and was like oh fuck

28 Likes

That’s some smart alumni.