What was your secondary school like? With polls and chat

Did the school have a motto?

Our was En dieu es mon esperat, if I am not making that up, which I might be. Just noticed it’s been changed to: be the best that you can be. Meh.

smarted smoking at 21 cos I’m a moron!

Think ours was ‘please just dont set fire to anything today’

8 Likes

Cool question!

The place was awful when I was there because it was basically a finishing school for the millions of private schools nearby. Just kept to myself and my m9s and signed up for a drowned in sound account.

1 Like

Did any of the teachers have the same surname as the name of the school?

• Yes
  • Of course not

0 voters

We had two teachers both with the surname Birchall, the school was Byrchall. It seems that one of them, or maybe even a third Mr Birchall, is now the headmaster.

The members of Depeche Mode (a girl im my music class was one of their nieces). I think a couple of sportspeople but I don’t remember who.

The second college I went to claimed Idris Elba and Adam Gemili as former pupils.

1 Like

Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus

Which means “Never tickle a sleeping dragon”. Seriously, the bullshit at my school didn’t stop there

6 Likes

@badmanreturns

Nothing too exciting happened at my school. Quite a lot of rough people. Went through a period of time where a lot of people got stabbed with various things and anything Burberry got banned due to theft.

Ahh Essex

This is still correct.

The best part of my school was when 200 people would play a game called ‘catch a ball kick a ball’, in which a ball would be kicked in the air and 200 people would chase after it, try and catch it and then kick it in the air again. Was basically a huge mosh pit for 45 minutes

5 Likes

Love you ruffers x

2 Likes

Think it was about 1300 when I left. Is now over 1500 appazas

1 Like

<3 <3

1 Like

“Together We Excel”

Trying to think of a decent spreadsheet joke but failing, please imagine I came up with something witty.

5 Likes

Whereabouts were you? Chelmsford crew here. Literally zero diversity but not much violence. LOADS of dodgy teachers though.

Instead of writing the whole motto, they just use Autosum.

2 Likes

‘Endeavour’

Very original

Head lad/gals up in here?

• I was a Head Boy/Girl
  • On the team but not head honcho
  • Nominated but no dice
  • Far too badass for that

0 voters

@ma0sm

1 Like