What were you doing ten years ago?

But not better than 1987. What a year that was.

I was 12, nearly 13. Listened to bands my sister and I found in the NME.

Last year of uni, so making my final film, trying to make dogs bark in a sound booth (didn’t work, obviously), snogging goths, moving to Stockport with no job, mooching off my teacher gf for a few months which involved doing loads of washing up and making techno music on my laptop, then getting a shit job in a call centre :+1:

1 Like

Cheering Thatcher to victory must have been a real buzz.

That was 2005

1 Like

Had my first born, stopped work to be at home, pretty good year all in all.

1 Like

Oh, I was thinking more about Never Gonna Give you Up and Steve Nicol scoring that really cool header against Arsenal. But yes, Maggie being on the throne was the icing on a great cake (year).

Doing the same job, living in the same house, with the same housemate. I need to do something different I think.

Always surprised at how long ago those kind of shows started. I’m a Celebrity has been going for 15 years now.

1 Like

They still seem so fresh!

Woof

Final year of undergraduate, so working like a dog and stressing about PhD places. I got into OXFORD, though (don’t think I’ve mentioned it on here before) so it all worked out ok in the end.

Also spending far too much time in Blackpool because my ex was living there at the time. Christ.

It’s a goodun. Liverpool were awesome that season (1987/88) until they lost to Wimbledon.

just turned 18, so was mostly drinking beer and getting high and playing music a lot

it was a great year

I had a future.

That’s depressing. I’d always assumed that everyone just looks back on previous years with fondness because of baseless nostalgia.

I was touring and recording with the band Maths, which seems crazy to me. Also approaching when I met my partner of most of the last decade

1 Like

Was in the final year of my PhD so was probably utterly miserable. Was dating an absolute tosser too and lived in a crappy shared house with mushrooms growing in the damp bathroom. 2017 me is definitely better off.

Second/third year of university, in a long-distance relationship with my current partner.
Skived uni loads to go down to London pretty regularly.
Worked in a fruit and veg shop for money, did gig reviews for the Stool Pigeon for free.

Listened to:
Scrobbles
1 Guided by Voices 600
2 Times New Viking 379
3 Half Japanese 278
4 The Yips 231
5 Royal Trux 215
6 Neil Young 191
7 Dinosaur Jr. 189
8 Vertical Slit 162
9 Sonic Youth 131
10 RTX 130

According to my facebook, I first got facebook in 2007 too.

Yeah this is pretty much why 2006 is my favourite year. 2007 was kind of boring.