Whatever happened to good clouds?

Reckon it’s been years since I saw a really decent cumulonimbus

Where’d they all go? Climate change?

I remember the clouds of my childhood,

5 Likes

If I was good at photoshop I’d post the Old Man Yells at Cloud picture with the cloud photoshopped out. Please could we all assume that’s what I did and that it was really funny.

15 Likes

you know when people look at clouds and try and see things in them, what does that actually mean to most people? Just the vague shape resembles a dolphin or something, or more fine detail. Because I remember when I was a kid it would be the latter, look at a vague cloud for a few moments and it would snap into something like a magic eye picture (not that I could do magic eye), it wouldnt just be the vague outline of a face it would actually be a detailed face. Can’t do it anymore though. Anyway just wondered if that was normal

• only ever saw vague shapes
  • saw fine detail

0 voters

Didn’t like doing it as a kid cause I hated these lads

6 Likes

Honestly think skies are better than ever nowadays

7 Likes

Bit of both I guess? Looking at the pic at the top, if I relax a bit I can make out a cartoon lamb kind of emerging from the top

1 Like

The Orb intensifies

5 Likes

@japes

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again - clouds are brilliant :cloud::partly_sunny::cloud_with_lightning_and_rain::sun_behind_rain_cloud::sun_behind_large_cloud::cloud_with_rain::cloud_with_snow::cloud_with_lightning::sun_behind_large_cloud::cloud_with_lightning_and_rain::cloud:

13 Likes

Today’s clouds not good enough for you?

Love a bit of cloudspotting. I’ll fully admit to being a member of the Cloud Appreciation Society! There are still good ones about, here are a couple of photos I’ve taken in recent years;

17 Likes

Too wispy, zero definition, I’m sorry but the clouds of today just don’t have the impact and personality of days of yore

1 Like

What about this one from 2019?

11 Likes

There we go. That’s the good stuff.

1 Like

alright, sunn o)))

9 Likes

Tend to be more of a late Spring/Summer thing.

2 Likes

Oh aye, here come the meteorologists

7 Likes

oooft, that’s some good clouds

but I see good clouds on the regs, actually

etc

9 Likes

I don’t look for shapes, really. just enjoy clouds as they are.

altho this looks kind of like an descending angel thing, perhaps

7 Likes

they’ve always been this good, imho

was nice during first lockdown when there were no contrails, tho

1 Like