What's bothering you?

Big or small. Vent. No judgement!

2 Likes

My friend and his partner are having a baby, I’m really happy for them but it also throws into relief how little I have in my life and how all my friends are moving further away from me in the stages of life thing. I guess you always feel like you have more time to sort yourself out.

5 Likes

I’m trying to quit drinking but it’s really hard, when I drink I feel like something exciting might happen…I know it won’t but I just want that feeling, that buzz that something might happen, hope y’know?

6 Likes

Also my mum has an ultrasound coming up and I’m really worried it might be very serious, I haven’t really mentally prepared for how bad this could be, I don’t want to think too deeply into it, have to force myself into the here and now. Takes a lot of effort

4 Likes

that’s me done anyway :slight_smile:

1 Like

So much, always feel a bit weird when i have a birthday and remember that I’m nowhere near my targets in life on many fronts. Diet chat: Recently more worried about my diet, after losing 10kg in 5 weeks I’m slipping into old habits which i really don’t want to do, I’m happy with my weight loss and wanna keep it up

4 Likes

I want to lose some weight but it gets harder as you get older, or maybe I just don’t have the willpower I had in my 20s to stick at stuff. I don’t even really know why I’m that bothered, guess I just want to feel like I can make a positive change somehow idk.

2 Likes

I had a meeting on Wednesday about doing someone’s website but the website is pretty much already done. He said he wants me to work on the “functionality” but it’s already completely functional. I said “okay so I’ll have a look at it and give you a quote” but I honestly don’t know what I can quote him for. He’s waiting for me to get back to him but I don’t know what I’m going to say.

3 Likes

The amount of flexible shifting of my rota I’ve had to do cover childcare for my son. There’s a run of 2 days where I’m working 6pm-6am and then looking after him all day. Gonna be ded.

3 Likes

can you ask him what he means by functionality?

…In a fun businessman way?

1 Like

You always seem to be working so hard RIch, bless you

1 Like

I put the fun into functionality

1 Like

Just work a shitty job with shitty shifts

3 Likes

Two friendships on dodgy ground which is making me realise how often I talked to them and what a hole they’d leave behind

Migraines becoming more common

Spotty skin

3 Likes

hope you can sort things with your friends if that’s what you want :heart:

2 Likes

It is, merci. Issues entirely caused by me so there’s annoyance on top of the guilt - handy!

2 Likes

No job, terrible imposter syndrome, possible major depression setting in.

3 Likes

keep going day by day, you can get through this to a better time in your life :slight_smile:

1 Like

The continuing feeling that I don’t really exist as a person when I’m at home

6 Likes
  • potential financial meltdown
  • underacheivement
  • having to move out in winter while they repair the water damage to our flat
  • some minor health issues
  • concern for the mental health & welfare of a couple of friends who are going through divorces right now (and the impact on their kids)
  • fear of (professional) rejection
  • humidity
  • insects
  • an arsehole neighbour who complains about everything
  • a mysterious and painful bruise on my left thigh

generally doing alright and feeling fine considering gestures at the everything and all that

3 Likes