What's for Friday lunch?

I’m having some pasta with pesto and chopped up sausages that I made earlier this week. Probably some crisps and a bar of Salcombe Dairy chocolate too. Can’t eat till 1pm though otherwise the afternoon goes too slowly. What’s for lunch with you please?

Need to go to the shop at lunchtime which happens to be very close to a cafe that does freshly made gözleme, so I expect one of those (spinach and feta)

1 Like

Miso soup with buckwheat soba noodles, wakame, savoy cabbage, carrots and a sprinkling of fried onions.

3 Likes

Absolutely disgusting amount of hummus slathered all over a sweet jacket potato, with a bit of drizzled olive oil and some harissa

Spinach and feta may be the all time greatest food combo

2 Likes

It’s skirt steak, potato, swede and pastry but S&F is good also.

2 Likes

Classic sickness food - Heinz tomato soup & crisp sandwiches

50/50 whether it stays down

1 Like

I’m currently standing outside a cafe awaiting a mushroom and butternut squash sandwich

1 Like

It will be tomato soup, as it has been the last 3 days and will be until it runs out.

(OMG still two weeks until payday…though I will probably continue to eat tomato soup even then <3)

I wish everyone would stop slamming tomato soup as the food of a sick person :joy:

(hope you’re ok BITT :heartpulse:)

1 Like

It’s good soup in general - in all its wondrous forms - it’s just such a staple of ill-at-home when I was a kid, accompanied by a crisp sandwich (or actually a soft bap)

Yeah

Cheers Scout :heart:

1 Like

Cheesy French Toast

1 Like

One of my standard ‘no leftovers or suitable lunch food’ lunches.

Toast with applewood smoked cheese on it. That is all.

2 Likes

Bean and cheese panini. Decent. Strawberry yoghurt for afters

1 Like

Think I’ve set a new record. Made and consumed scrambled eggs on toast in a grand total of 6 minutes.

3 eggs, bit of sriracha on top

2 Likes

you get heinz tomato soup in Sweden? :frowning:

roast chicken from the Coren

Was hoping for a nice sage and black pepper sausage roll.

I’ve ended up with cheese and bacon potato skins from the reduced section at Morrisons

More leftover curry from the freezer.

Did something really silly yesterday, defrosted some what I thought was pasta sauce and cooked some spaghetti to go with it on Wednesday eve for Thurs lunch at work

Dumped the spaghetti on top without looking and took it into work. Put it straight into the microwave, when I came to eat it the defrosted stuff already had tortellini in it. So I had tortellini, spaghetti and pasta sauce.

3 Likes