What's going on with your band? (Rolling)

you need to get your tickets on sale in Resident Records - if it;s not on their list I don’t know it’s happening

do you brighton folks know any good recording studios down there, especially for heavier stuff?

sorry - have’t a clue I’m afraid

I’ll come and be in your live band

Hags have reformed and are practising for a Christmas gig now with a view to recording material in the New Year.

Not Earth are recording a new album in December with the intention of playing shows in Cork, Dublin and Galway (and Sheffield) in the New Year.

MueseuM have just released their second album of 2017 and will be finishing the year off by recording a Christmas themed release and playing some shows in December.

Council For The Dark Arts Orchestra put out their first release this year, a recording of their first show. The seventeen piece band play their second show next week.

Correspondent also put out their first release this year which was also a recording of their first show. They play their second show next week.

Andy Wilson and The Toys have played multiple shows this year and will play more shows in December.

https://soundcloud.com/andycork/ill-be-yours

The Creeps will play their second show this December. My only cover band, here’s a list of the songs we play.

Finally, Fear Baby are still working on material and will play their first show in the New Year.

3 Likes

jesus, you’re a busy man :smiley:

4 Likes

Fucking Hell, brilliant idea.

1 Like

haha i guess theres ups and downs everywhere. shows in the arse end of nowhere can be fun, usually loads of great people, but you rarely get more than a handful of people showing up.

I never stop! It doesn’t include all the one off improv gigs I do, one of which I’m doing tonight with members of Land Crabs (who I occasionally play guitar for), Horse and the guitarist from The Toys.

1 Like

what can you play?

Bass is my main instrument, but I can also play drums, keys and guitar (not all at the same time though)

interesting

do you think you could manage to play all of the nice little synth/piano motifs that I just moronically brainfarted into my computer on any given day & then immediately forgot how to play because I don’t know how to play the piano/keyboard ?

like this for instance;

Brexit Music (For a Film) - song and lyrics by Body in the Thames | Spotify

Are the Jonbarr still a thing? Would be good if you guys played a gig again soon. But I guess with Ben becoming a dad, that’s sidetracked it. The others have got The Wilderness Years back together haven’t they?

goin’ real good

started writing music for Julie in Feb, 16 tracks now up on facebook, almost all of them are on youtube too

entirely promoted on facebook so plenty of views on there but almost none on youtube

i’ve done some demos of my own stuff too might post them some time

here’s the most recent track

https://www.facebook.com/pg/juliegwordist/videos/?ref=page_internal

1 Like

Guitarist quit last week. Bass player is going to play guitar instead now. Need to find new bass player. @stupidsexyflanders – how about you move back and rejoin the band!

1 Like

which is your favourite?

Can’t really pick a favourite.

The drummer in Not Earth went to Berklee and is a phenomenal jazz drummer so playing with him is like walking a tightrope and is all the better for it.

Playing with Hags is basically playing with my two best mates so I get a huge kick out of that.

MueseuM has been responsible for two of my favourite gigs I’ve ever played in its short lifetime and the other guy in the band is a genius.

Council For The Dark Arts Orchestra is just out of this world. Playing in an ensemble that big is thrilling.

Emm… So all of those?

Ok,

which would I like best?

totally forgot the JAG

this was our last single

MueseuM maybe? Ambient noise your bag?