Whats had the biggest impact on English moral?

2 phenomenon has happened simultaniously which appears to have had a massive positive influence on the mood and I need to know which has been the biggest factor in the improving morale in Blighty

• Football Coming Home
  • Summer Not Flaking Out

0 voters

Christianity probably

Britain does not equal England. :wink:

4 Likes

Blighty

ˈblʌɪti/

noun

BRITISH

1. an informal term for Britain or England, used by soldiers of the First and Second World Wars.
  • military slang

a wound suffered by a soldier in the First World War which was sufficiently serious to merit being shipped home to Britain.

noun: blighty ; plural noun: blighties

“he had copped a Blighty and was on his way home”

1 Like

potato blighty

4 Likes

Nope.

1 Like

ncorrect

ɪnkəˈrɛkt/

adjective

not in accordance with fact; wrong.

“the doctor gave you incorrect advice”

synonyms: wrong, mistaken, in error, erroneous, inaccurate, not accurate, inexact, not exact, imprecise, invalid, untrue, false, fallacious, wide of the mark, off target; More

not in accordance with particular standards or rules.

“strictly speaking, the form of address was incorrect”

synonyms: inappropriate, wrong, unsuitable, inapt, inapposite, undesirable; More

stubborn

ˈstʌbən/

adjective

1. having or showing dogged determination not to change one’s attitude or position on something, especially in spite of good reasons to do so.

“you’re a silly, stubborn old woman”

synonyms: obstinate, stubborn as a mule, mulish, headstrong, wilful, strong-willed, self-willed, pig-headed, bull-headed, obdurate, awkward, difficult, contrary, perverse, recalcitrant, refractory; More

• difficult to move, remove, or cure.

“the removal of stubborn screws”

synonyms: indelible, permanent, lingering, persistent, tenacious, fast, resistant

“stubborn stains”

fuck off

phrasal verb of fuck

vulgar slang

(of a person) go away.

USvulgar slang

another way of saying fuck about .

Quite the escalation there. I’m oot.

3 Likes

I’ve just been at a food festival where mass chants of “IT’S COMING HOME” kept breaking out and the crowd went mad whenever the chefs doing demonstrations/musical acts mentioned the football, so it’s definitely that.

BUT

Would people be out at a food festival en mass in such a merry mood if the weather wasn’t so nice?
You know, people would more likely be isolated and confined to a stuffy smelly pub if it werent so nice.

The tickets sold out months ago so probably yes. I think people would still have been excitable about the result regardless of the weather.

Both the weather and the football are now doing my head in so…

1 Like

I enjoy the weather but people wandering around wearing england flags shouting it’s coming home does my head in

I appreciate this might not be a popular sentiment

1 Like

I’m not in England, but remembering what it was like here when Wales had their run in the Euros a couple of years ago, I suspect it’s the football, yes.

That said, the weather seems to be cheering up most people here, too (or maybe it’s just delirium from lack of sleep).

Actually going to watch Don’t Take Me Home again and wallow in (recent) nostalgia I think.

I think the moral is don’t bring a dictionary to a football fight.

2 Likes

"It’s coming home’ is this year’s “Oh Jeremy Corbyn”

4 Likes

What the shitting fuck is ‘summer not flaking out’?

3 Likes

tax on cornish pasties.

honestly.

Bread and fucking circuses, eh?

2 Likes