What's on your walls?

Aw it’s really nice! I’ve got a very similar bird poster by Alice Melvin. Need to get a frame for it.

This is the one I’ve had the longest

3 Likes

that’s a great picture because you can bore on about how he did all of his own stunts and that was totally real.

(I think that’s true - can’t be arsed to look it up)

true, however this one was done with some clever camera angles & wasn’t actually that big a drop

can see his fake finger/ thumb on his right hand in it as well from the earlier accident

1 Like

2 Likes

Ooooo, I love the first marbley type one!!

1 Like

I’d really like the opening credits of The Pit and the Pendulum on my walls!!!

2 Likes

Oh wow that looks brilliant

Yeah!! just watch the opening credits, it’s kinda cool. It’s on Netflix. I didn’t actually bother watching the rest of the film, though it looks good too! Good old Vincent Price n all that jazz.

1 Like

Reminds me of The Cockpit too much, god rest it’s soul.

1 Like

It was an excellent venue, especially after they fitted a decent air conditioning system. I remember watching more than one band and condensation dripping off the roof onto our heads. I particularly remember watching Silver Sun there, unbelievably hot, I’ve been in cooler saunas!

If I named half the bands I saw there I would probably be laughed out of DiS. Ahem razorlight.

Went to a couple of the ones and yours so Hi.

I got my pictures back!!! I love theeeeemmmm

12 Likes

LOVE the house. Send me it? Cheers.

1 Like

Thanks!! I love it too. I was going to buy a similar pic of the innards of a body but someone beat me to it the day before after months of dithering :confused: sad face.

I like this type of pics for ships, saw some good ones at the castle musuem yesterday.

1 Like

my housemate, who comes from some noble family, brought home an original plan of a ship a year ago and hung it up in the living room. We all thought it looked really cool until someone realized it was a slave ship about 6 months later. Took it back to his parents almost immediately ofc.

3 Likes

We bought a really old house earlier this year (lots of lovely high ceilings and cornicing etc.) and somewhat incongruously, the previous owners were mad for wall mounting tellies EVERYWHERE. So when they’ve taken their TVs away, there were quite a lot of v ugly holes in the wall, with wires coming out etc.

We borrowed some paintings from my parents’ collection in a effort to patch p the walls and save us from redecorating (their walls were otherwise lovely) but nothing was quiet the right dimensions to cover up the way they had mounted their massive fuckofftelly in the sitting room, so I had to buy some stuff at a point where I was probably more cash strapped than I have ever been in my life (end of unpaid mat leave and just blown entire life’s worth on a house).

I put some bids into a local fine art auction place, not really expecting to win anything but I managed to get my mitts on two lovely pieces for buttons. I highly recommend this if anybody is interested in picking up art on the cheap.
This was the place- Great Western

(admittedly, that is a pile of shite up for grabs on this Saturday’s auction, but that’s the summer hols for you.)

3 Likes

one of the painitngs my folks gave us was a batshit painting by peter howson. It is so innocuous until you look at it up close, and then it is so so dark. :skull:

Not up in the pic, but the GF got me these amazing original pages by one of my favourite comic book artists and I love them so much.

5 Likes