What's the best album you've discovered this year, not released this year?

Hands down it’s Cloud Nothings - Attack On Memory.

Big thanks to the recent Cloud Nothings thread for sparking my interest.

Mission of Burma - The Obliterati

have had their old stuff for a while but didn’t really bother checking out the post-reunion stuff until more recently cos i was going to see them live. had always heard some of it was really good so should have got round to it sooner, Obliterati in particular is brilliant and easily on a par with Vs.

She Wants Revenge - ST

Screaming Females- What If Someone Is Watching Their TV?

Siavash Amini - Subsiding.
Ambient drone masterpiece from last year.

Peter Gabriel - So

Siouxsie and the Banshees - Juju

It’s a proper gem.

I discovered that recently too

I love Night Shift

Love the guitar playing on this record. Next step is to dive in to the back catalogue I think

Never even heard of Life Without Buildings until this year, a youth so sheltered. What a record Any Other City is.

You can’t go wrong with anything from Kaleidoscope to Peepshow (except maybe Through the Looking Glass which is a covers album (which I haven’t heard properly although some of it is excellent)). Tinderbox is my personal favourite.

Quiet Golders S/T - excellent alt country/Americana album with the faintest hint of definitely maybe era oasis. If you’re not an oasis fan don’t let that put you off though as only really a noticeable influence on some of the guitar playing

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://m.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DxSDNKCadUcg&ved=0ahUKEwiB1oHa7_zPAhVsIMAKHZBhBK8QwqsBCNoBMBE&usg=AFQjCNH_64Vdq8pGJxn7qcrctf5yBauzHw&sig2=FY8ugGTj_B8NrYBN7bVigQ

I discovered this album this year too! It’s an utter gem. I cant get over those vocals!

I’ll stick with releases I missed from last year that are great.

New Order - Music Complete: it’s jam packed with bangers. Tutti Fruitti & Stray Dog being particular favourites.

Julien Baker - Sprained Ankle: I’m an absolute sucker for this sort of record. Just great vocals and guitar. Simple but devastating.

Cant decide if this is amazing or shit

Miracle Legion - Surprise Surprise Surprise

Amazing stuff. Like discovering a long lost 80s era R.E.M. album.

Forgot links!!

New Order:

Julien baker:

Not really an album but came across these smashing pumpkins machina era demos the other night, blown away (maybe influenced by the incredible art in this video), really think if they had released this they would have been considered to have gone out on s high rather

Signals and Vs. are hard to top for me but yeah the reunion stuff is really strong. Haven’t listened to anything post Vs. in a while but I remember preferring ONoffON to The Obliterati at the time I got into the band. Think I’ll stick both of them on now.

Love So. My folks used to blast it all the time so it’s one of those super nostalgic things for me too.