What's the best animal you've seen in the wild (no bird chat)

Where?

MGM Studios. I met Gonzo that day as well.

Woah!

Think that was on TV

3 Likes

I was quite excited to see a snake when we were in Mexico.

Nothing spectacular about it, was probably a relative tiddler in the grand scheme of snakes, but it was the first and only snake I’ve ever seen ‘live’.

Did you hear about that badger who kept someone locked in their house or something?

#makeuthink

I tried handing a banana to a baboon once but it wasn’t having any of it so I had to chuck it on the ground for it instead. Bit of a knob tbh.

1 Like

Terrifying and also very, very funny

1 Like

Dunno mate. Think it just kept attacking them every time they went outside or something.

I went whale watching once, didn’t see any whales, felt really seasick the whole time.

Saw some toucans flying about once. Yes I’m disregarding the no bird chat rule because toucans are great.

Please post about this in the “What’s the best bird you’ve seen in the wild” thread which is a rip-off of this one.

1 Like

Literally just saw that. Soz for derailing your non-bird thread.

1 Like

They kind of freak me out/scare me a bit, not sure whether I actually want to see one or not tbh.

I feel dead bad for them when that happens but it kind of adds to how they freak me out/scare me a bit. What are they doing out there the whole time? It’s just mad to me to think of whales out there living their lives as we speak being fucking massive and that.

This kind of thing terrifies me:

Fuuuuuuuuck. Yeah, I would not be coping at all well in a situation like that…

Humpback whales for me too. I’m usually pretty quiet, but had a “HOLY-SHIT-THEY’RE-HUGE!!!” moment when we first saw them. Really awesome creatures.

It was this particular trip:
http://www.bostonharborcruises.com/naturalists-notes/october-2016/october-18-2016/