What's the best tea?

Been having a daily cuppa since ‘all this’ started and I’ve worked my way through all of the tea bags in the cupboard. I’m normally a green tea merchant but I need DiS Social Board guidance on which standard/everyday/English breakfast-type tea to choose…

Obviously Yorkshire is the standard answer, need to know if there are other good options.

(FYI:

• tea bag in a mug
  • dash of milk
  • no sugar)

loose leaf.

2 Likes

4 Likes

Red bush

1 Like

All the main breakfast teas taste essentially the same and you’re all kidding yourselves if you think differently.

4 Likes

Not on teabook. Twinnings used to do a rooibos with strawberry and vanilla and it was like a big warm hug in a mug.

1 Like

Equali-TEA

4 Likes

Think I can taste the difference between typhoo, Yorkshire and the others. But I’m not particularly snobby about it. I do prefer to make a pot at the weekend but tend not to in the week

1 Like

All bad

Remember people used to pretend to be REALLY into tea? Then it was gin, then dogs. What is it now?

garlic bread?

@rich-t

3 Likes

Blushes

It depends on the time:

Morning- pg tips with a bit of milk
Afternoon - mint tea (hot water, mint leaves, xylitol sweetener)
Evening- decaf bed time Yorkshire tea with milk

This:

1 Like

It pains me to say it, but Yorkshire.

Try not to think about that last post and immerse yourselves in these lovely, lovely maps :rose::rose::rose::rose::rose:

unnamed

Lancashire_1610_Speed_Hondius_-_Restoration

Honourable mentions go to English Breakfast tea* and if you’re feeling a bit fancy (the connotations of which I really don’t get apart from the name), Earl Grey.

*even the 89p stuff from Lidl

Assam is the best tea.

3 Likes