What's the best way to use batter?

Not sure I’d even give this a go.

The queen

1 Like

Number 4 I reckon. Let the openers see off the new ball and bring them in against a tired seam attack

Battered fish fingers are better than breaded but less frequently available.

scraps? that’s batter

1 Like

I just don’t know I’m not a chip shop sicko like most people

1 Like

I’d like this as my tagline please @moderators

6 Likes
  • Fish - best peak use but so many poor examples that let the side down
  • Pancakes (crepe style) - peerless, always happy to have them, one of the great foods
  • Pancakes (american style) - very good, just pipped by their more elegant cousin
  • Sausage - no where near the top for me, despite having them more often than fish suppers probably
  • YPs - good but v overrated
  • TITH - YPs with extra content, what’s not to love
  • Other - cake batter is a Good Thing imho
1 Like

i knew @AutumnBeech was a right good 'un and the rest of you are fools! Clearly toad in the hole is the best.

Mash, gravy, mustard, toad, hole…WINNER!

1 Like

TITH is a up there with the most important inventions of the modern age, but a battered sausage is a battered sausage.

1 Like

I would agree that the battered sausage is running it close. Incredible.

Now im thinking i could make a battered sausage toad in the hole…

2 Likes

Must just require a level of skill that eludes the average DiSer :tipping_hand_man:

2 Likes

Plus more aspects you have to get right. Need some quality Cumberland sausages, get done red onion and red wine in the gravy. Perfect.

Personally go for mashed swede and carrot over potato - better taste and texture. Green beans or broccoli too.

Always been disappointed by a TITH. Too much hole, not enough toad. (Steady on)

the answer is scraps.

1 Like

Hard to beat a top quality onion ring

2 Likes

100% pancakes for me, homemade fluffy American style ones covered in golden syrup… :yum::heart::heart_eyes:

‘The Correct Use of Batter’ would be a good name for a Magazine tribute band

1 Like