What's the closest you've been to being in a cult?

Gets a bit culty on here sometimes, so DiS for me.

GBOC.

1 Like

Sometimes I think I’d be really happy in a cult.

6 Likes

I was a Libertines/Babyshambles fan in the 2000s, so definitely that

(Btw I am currently binge watching AHS:Cult, just so you know)

6 Likes

when my mam and dad split up as a nipper the jehovah’s witnesses went really hard at trying to convert my mam. she went to a bunch of their things but dropped it after her friend’s kid got ill and they were talking about medicine being against god.

proper dont like jehovah;s witnesses now

5 Likes

When I went to a seashell sanctuary

5 Likes

GTAV

2 Likes

Baptism.

3 Likes

Member of the Cult of Corbyn.

4 Likes

I consider my parents religion to be about 2/3’s of the way to being a cult, so probably that

Almost joined one once, they set up a meet in a hotel bar and said i’d recognise them by the black book on the table.

Something about Dylan Moran

I listened to the first season of Uncover Podcast on the weekend, about NXIVM. Pretty horrifying stuff.

I went to a Tony Robbins weekend once. I walked across hot coals.

Lapsed catholic here!

Think the dirtbag left might be a cult that I’ve accidentally become a part of.

They’re the worst!

2 Likes

listening to Christmas songs has made me want to believe in Jesus as a kind of metaphor for love and kindness and a representation of my best self.

Came out of a cult in 1982 and never looked back!

1 Like

damn you autocorrect!

17 Likes

Must be comforting having answers to everything, even if they are based on nothing

1 Like

hung out with a group of wealthy squatters for a while a few years ago. that was pretty cultish. they all wore black Adidas tracksuits and some of them were legitimately convinced I was a cop because I had a job and paid rent etc.

3 Likes

got a talk in an LDS church in saltlake city

they were trying to convert me