What's the closest you've been to being in a cult?

Wish he’d fucking try tbh

Same here

I probably would if I knew her full name or saw here somewhere - when I had to do a corporate tour I worked a day in both Manchester stores and the Trafford centre one so high chance we even worked a day together.

And unless they’ve dramatically changed the discount thing/their manager is a stickler for bottom line, she should be giving you at least something :wink:

Yes, we did that too! I thought that was the real words for most of the infants. ‘Flavoured lady’ though not gravy.

1 Like

Ha! I used to be a member of both too. I think I might still have the Denis The Menace one in a box somewhere - hairy Gnasher badge and all.

3 Likes

oh my GOD

7 Likes

I did consider posting in that Smashing Pumpkins thread

That time I walked in on a Freemasons ceremony, probably.

I did the Scientology stress test actually, in Ilford Exchange. Was concerned about how stressed it told me I was, but then I clocked the Ron L Hubbard books on the table and hastily made my excuses to leave.

scientology innit

Are you recommending this podcast?

You can’t just mention it expect to get away with that.

1 Like

I do recommend it, it was pretty good

nah the church of christ scientist

1 Like

The Masons keep* trying to recruit me.

*twice

It seems to involve a lot of social dinners. Ahm oot.

1 Like

Ok cool, thanks.

I’ll give it a listen.

1 Like

My Uncle was a mason. He said he sacked it off early on because they did too much charity/community work and he just wanted to turn up and get hammered.

4 Likes

Was in a pub in Covent Garden the other month and a bunch of masons appeared from one of their weird meetings being held over the road. What’s with the brief cases? Anyone know what they keep in them? I assume an ass paddle and a picture of the Queen?

Probably scripts for the “morality play” things they do at the meetings.