What's the deal with Mick Jaggers weird new songs

Genuinely can’t tell if he’s gone full brexit or it’s meant to be some kind of spoof/character-playing thing? 2 new songs each have some really dodgy lyrical bits.

Immigrants are pouring in
Refugees under your skin
Keep 'em under, keep 'em out
Intellectual, shut your mouth
Beat 'em with a stick
Oh you Gotta get a grip

I think I’m losing my imagination
I’m tired of talking about immigration
You can’t get in and you can’t get out
I guess that’s what we’re all about

I think the titles of the songs suggest he hasn’t gone full brexit
But I cba to listen to find out

sounds like an anti-brexit thing to me, but they look like very shit lyrics. haven’t listened to the actual songs.

I heard he’d done an anti-brexit album (like everyone else in the world, I haven’t listened to any of it).

and the fact skepta is on one

Exile on Remain Street?

21 Likes

*Brexile

5 Likes

Much like Paul Weller, I’m sure the one thing all this Brexit nonsense needs is one more extremely wealthy extremely old straight white man’s voice to add to the mix for some good old fashioned common sense and clarity!

Lasted about 10 seconds of either song, worse than sixth form poetry, these fuckers are all so bloody fucking lucky they were young at a time before music was free because they wouldn’t stand a single bloody minute in today’s industry. Coming from a good place I suppose but ultimately so so shite. Like, even shitter than it has any right to be.

4 Likes

Ed Sheeran begs to differ

1 Like

I think even he, even he, would struggle to make rhymes this tasteless and dull.

2 Likes

Those 2 songs are absolutely abysmal! Like, truly awful.
The lyrics shown above are actually the pick of the bunch…

I lost a blunt, think I lost the pint
She can go home and smoke a joint, anyway
Do you wanna go?
I went to find England, it wasn’t there
I went to find England, it wasn’t there
I think I lost it in the back of my chair
I think I’m losing my imagination
I’m tired of talking about immigration
You can’t get in and you can’t get out
I guess that’s what we’re all about
I went to see England, but England’s lost
I went in the back, but they said, “Piss off”

:grimacing: :gun:

i agree with the people in the back

8 Likes

Those surely aren’t real

It’s like a Whose Line Is It Anyway challenge where they’ve just given him the title and he made to make up the lyrics on the spot as he went along. The line about losing England down the back of his chair is particularly good.

5 Likes

You could absolutely imagine Jez and Super Hans’ band in Peep Show singing those lyrics.

6 Likes

Genuinely offensively bad music

Everybody’s on the take
The news is all fake
Let 'em eat chicken and let 'em eat steak
Let 'em eat shit, let 'em eat cake

probably being a bit anti-brexit but doesn’t want to offend all the brexit people who will buy his music so he’s being a bit ‘ooh but am i, though?’