What's the deal with Mick Jaggers weird new songs

EU can’t always get what you want? (So sorry)

8 Likes

if there’s anybody would relish the thought of Britain becoming a tax haven post-Brexit, it’s this guy

I was horrified when I read this thread, but the lads tunes are actually kind of alright. Fair play for trying to stay relevant and not releasing some christmas album or frank sinatra covers or some bullshit

this part caught my attention…

Overeating and sex in meetings
Induced insanity, Christianity

1 Like

Everyone’s on the bugle
We’re being watched by google

2 Likes

it’s ridiculous how often this pops into my head

It is with a heavy heart that I inform you that Sir Mick Jagger is at it again:

1 Like

The lyrics are proper Key Stage 2 poetry but loathe but I don’t actually mind the song despite myself

1 Like

I’ll have another drink,
Then i’ll clean the kitchen sink.

This is the worst thing that sound has ever been used in.

2 Likes

This has done me because of sheer accuracy

1 Like

Can’t tell what his angle is

It feels like he’s dropping all the mind control Bill Gates stuff in the same way that he might have used gratuitous Fairlight samples in the 1980s, it’s really funny

he’s starting to remind me of Jemaine Clement playing David Bowie

2 Likes

I always assumed he wrote most of the stones lyrics and Keith mainly did the chords - but this would suggest… not?

1 Like

so thankful there’s a ‘lyric video’ for this

1 Like

“YEAH”

1 Like

let’s be honest though if you think the rolling stones were good you’ll probably think this is too

Always find it weirdly charming when trillionaire professional musicians use a generic fender guitar strap, like it’s a christmas gift set of guitar, strap, practice amp and 3 plectrums.

1 Like

Anyway, the Covid-19 pandemic wiki page has sections for epidemiology, disease, mitigation, history, national responses, international responses, impact and information dissemination, but it has sorely needed a cultural response section, and now it will be able to have one.

3 Likes