What's the dis branch of the vegetarian mafia got to say about this then?

X is as cheap as Y so why the fuck is A more expensive than B?

1 Like

Do they not just give you a big box of prednisone to keep at home?

I think it’s just much cheaper to use animal gelatin though, for mass production anyway.

Side note: M&S do a veggie gummy sweet range called Colin The Caterpillar and it’s fucking banging. If you’re veggie and not tried it you’re missing out.

Trust me veggies, you breathe in a lot more bacon particles floating about the air each day than is in £1,000,000 worth of these fivers.

3 Likes

Yep, but if they can do the same with wheat and soy flour then I don’t know why they can’t do the same to replace gelatin.

@eems, same point to you.

I’d love to go vegetarian but I don’t think I could live without fivers

5 Likes

(By the same, I mean using ingredients at a similar price, not necessarily the exact same ingredients)

well, firstly[quote=“colon_closed_bracket, post:29, topic:9142”]
if they can do the same with wheat and soy flour
[/quote]

they can’t, it’s a completely different product from actual mince. and secondly [quote=“colon_closed_bracket, post:29, topic:9142”]
I don’t know why they can’t do the same to replace gelatin.
[/quote]

because, again, gelatin is a different thing from mince and from wheat and soy flour

1 Like

I’m horribly allergic to something (sulphites) that it’s not even legally required to list if they aren’t an additive, and which turn up in a surprising number of things as a natural preservative under a variety of names. Always a fun voyage of puking/asthma/hives/swollen face discovery.

The reason veggie sweets exist and ones containing animal gelatine continue to exist is because they taste better. Like obvs it’s great that veggies have a passable version they can eat, and even better if it got to the level where you couldn’t taste the difference, but no one who’s eaten a percy pig and it’s veggie counterpart could argue that with a straight face

1 Like

Oh yeah, and as @eems said, quorn mince and beef mince taste very different to each other

Delicious fruity hoof gum.

1 Like

Yep, I get your point; you’ve made it several times and with increasing levels of sarcasm.

Twice! And with a perfectly stable level of extreme sarcasm thank you very much!

Thankfully, the £50 note is 100% vegetarian. My life has not been impacted.

8 Likes

banknuts

1 Like

were you watching? They said no one would find out!

1 Like

Yep. No wine. No cider. Scrutinise the label of every alcoholic drink.

I suddenly became allergic when I was 21-22. Must be my body’s revenge for the terrible cider and lambrini I drank as a teen. (The nasty newsagents vodka has not yet come back to haunt me).

shit man, alcoholic (or any) drinks have fuck all information about the ingredients as well

1 Like

Mostly just stick to beer and spirits for that reason.