What's the item of clothing you've owned for the longest time?

Do you still wear it? Why do you keep it, sentimental value?

For me it’s probably the socks I’m wearing right now. Keep meaning to replace them, but they’re super thick and whenever it’s cold I end up wearing them again. Reckon they’re 15 years old and still going.

I’ve got band t-shirts I bought in around 2005/6 that are still in good condition and get worn regularly.

1 Like

Band shirt that’s 15+years old.

Old football shirts etc

Colchester United home shirt I got when I was a mascot for my 7th birthday (0-0 draw with Millwall)

My corduroy parka that I got for my 18th birthday and still wear to this day (including today) meaning I’ve owned it for over half my life.

2 Likes

Got an Orbital long sleeve top that I bought at their New Year’s Eve concert at Ally Pally in 1996.

Signed Carter USM t-shirt from a gig in 1994. Never been washed since, so it’s covered in 26 year old sweat.

Elliott Smith t-shirt that’s now just a black t shirt from about 2006

I purchased the classic Baracuta G9 Harrington jacket when I was 17 with one of my first paychecks. I still love it very much and wear it often. Needs a little bit of stitching to repair some of the fraying bits but still very functional

Silverfish t-shirt from 1992 :+1:

1 Like

I’ve got a Bjork tee shirt that says “it takes courage to enjoy it” on the back - Big Time Sensuality came out in 1993

An Isis (the band) t-shirt I got in 2004. Still wear ot around the house, less so outside.

1 Like

An old skate hoodie I got for Christmas age 13, I’m now 31. Thanks to being a large 13 year old and the baggy style of the time, it still fits, and is in really good nick despite being worn loads. Don’t really wear it out now, but it’s good to keep me warm in the house

2 Likes

A Body Count t-shirt I bought in early 1995.

I wear things until they get lost or fall apart, got a few tshirts i’ve been wearing for about 20 years that were my brothers from about 10 years prior to that.

Fast fashion is bizarre

It doesn’t help that quality of clothes seems much worse now, not even just in the likes of Primark but I’ve had stuff from Monki that has literally fallen apart a few weeks in. In a race for suppliers to keep up with fast fashion its getting to harder to find enduring stuff.

2 Likes

Nothing longer than a few years ago, throw clothes out regularly. Throw your smelly tops from the 90s away, lads.

this coat, wore it regularly until about 5 years ago

was purchased in late spring of the year 2000, so it lasted 15 years including all those little adventures you go on as a teenager, including spending nights on random floors or benches etc.

it was also the coat I used to get served booze under-age in, which was brilliant because it still says age 11-12 in and has loads of these buttons

I AM A YOUNG ADVENTURER, SERVE ME BOOZE

A DC shoes t-shirt a friend bought back from American in 2002 I reckon. Wife wears it as a nightie now

not sure