Whats the least you've been in a country?

Have spent less than a day in Slovakia (Budapest-Prague train and back) and Sweden (day trip to Stockholm).

Kyiv outside of the freezing hell that is November-February is way better than Leeds.

Bit seedy imho

I think there’s a thread in best border crossings. Is that the crossing up near Puno? I don’t remember that arch, but did get there on a night bus so might have been half asleep

Went to Geneva airport en route to Val Thorens in France for a couple of hours. Thought it was a great opportunity to get a load of Euros out of a Travelex cash machine before we got our minibus transfer. “Hmm, these Euros look a bit weird…”. Had to take them back into the Travelex and change them. Great exchange rate.

2 Likes

I’ve been out there two or three times a year and things have changed a lot since I first went. Still has a dark underbelly and cultural attitudes need bringing up to speed, but a lot has improved compared to five years ago. Give it another chance, plenty of great things about the city :slight_smile:

I went across the Rainbow Bridge from Niagra Falls, New York to Niagra Falls, Ontario for an hour.

Yeah it is! Oh, I didn’t know you could cross it at night, I thought it was closed!

Oh, I think it was morning by the time I got to the border, it was a night bus from Cusco.

I’ve spent hours in Italy, Luxembourg and Canada.

I’ve done that to Canada a few times now.