What's the most pointless autobiography you've read?

For some reason a memory came to me yesterday of when I received for Christmas and then read a copy of Chris Moyles’ autobiography

6 Likes

Richard Osman.

7 Likes

Gary Barlow

No wait, Richard Hammond

Also read Billie Piper’s around the same time but that was good

3 Likes

I did once start reading Brendan off Coach Trip’ autobiography but thought that was going too far

3 Likes

Alexander Armstrong

Have read so many fucking boring footballers autobiographies. The worst was probably Stanley Matthews.

Someone apparently with a very low opinion of me gave me Mark Chapman’s “Heroes, Hairbands and Hissy Fits: Chappers’ History of Modern Football”, which is partly autobiographical, but mostly him whining about how football isn’t as good as it used to be. Read about half out of duty, then it went in the bin. Dire self pitying drivel.

Another person thought I might want to read about Alan Brazil’s life and times, but I really did not.

1 Like

Came here to say the Chris Moyles one too @TKC

Pointless, time I’m not getting back AND he bad mouths Stoke-on-Trent in it…I will never forgive that.

1 Like

We must be the only two readers

2 Likes

Soooooo many football ones, so many

David Mitchell’s memoir is completely without drama or jeopardy. Tbf he admits up front that he’s had a comfortable life and the only moment of real interest is how he got together with Victoria Coren, but still, not exactly a page turner.

3 Likes

Quite probably!

His chapter about living in Stoke on Trent was titled something like “It’ll be nice when it’s finished”. :yawning_face:

I wasn’t a fan of him really before i read it, definitely wasn’t afterwards.

1 Like

David Copperfield. Didn’t mention his magic once.

15 Likes

Loads of football ones. Also Tony McCoy.

Mention how he came up with the crisps?

1 Like

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

3 Likes

I read Alan Shearer’s when I was about 8, at which point he’d only just signed for Newcastle.

I read Miles To Go by Miley Cyrus, released when she was 16, took about 90 mins to read and was obviously all made up.

Reading about how the worst day of her life was that she went to the White House but there was 1 (one) spot on her chin and was like “wow she’s just like me”.

4 Likes