What's the most recent album that you'd give a 10/10 to?

pointless
ratings

For me it would be P J Harvey ‘Let England Shake’ (2011) so six years…

Feels about right in terms of how long something takes to establish itself as a real classic to me.

You?

TPAB

Everything Everything - Get To Heaven
or
Sufjan Stevens - Carrie & Lowell

Both 2015 so whichever was first. Both perfect expressions of their respective genres, full of lyrical depth you can spend months or years picking apart. And enough time has passed that I feel confident in my assessments.

Lost in the Dream, possibly? I feel like it’s inextricably tied up with where I was mentally during the summer that year, but it was an album I was absolutely obsessed with that year.

Oh, Susanne Sundfør - Ten Love Songs as well. So 2015, I guess.

^came here to post this

Sun Kil Moon - Common As Light And Love Are Red Valleys Of Blood

Run the Jewels 2

Since 2010…

Destroyer - Kaputt (2011)
Sun Kil Moon - Benji (2014)
Kendrick Lamar - To Pump A Butterfly (2015)
Sufjan Stevens - Carrie & Lowell (2015)
Julia Holter - Have You In My Wilderness (2015)
Mount Eerie - A Crow Looked At Me (2017)

2015 wasn’t great on depth…but had some outstanding albums.

There are a couple that are just short (Grimes - Visions, Jon Hopkins - Immunity, Susanne Sundfor - Ten Love Songs) that are fantastic but I don’t revisit quite enough.

Music is really good atm.

Definitely agree that at least 2 years is generally needed…

…A Crow Looked At Me is different though as it’s such a striking piece of work.

Yeah, need time for the dust to settle. FWIW I suspect that Everything Everything’s latest will be my next 10/10 but that’s much too recent to make a call on. And 2016 was just a meh year for me.

Agree on TPAB and Let England Shake, and I’d probably add Skeleton Tree in there.

Kendrick Lamar - To Pump A Butterfly (2015)

That would require an alarming amount of dexterity, no wonder you’re giving 10/10.

I’ve reached the point of no editing :cry:

Lots of 8/10 in 2016 for me…Skeleton Tree is a solid 9 however. Weak year though…thankfully 2017 has been strong so far.

I’m afraid that won’t stand up in a court of law. Chris Packham will be livid when he hears about this.

TPAB is obviously the most right answer but honorary mention for I love you honeybear

Benji

Have You In My Wilderness

Thought it was my only “controversial” pick, glad to see I’m not alone.

Aside from the quality of songs, I just love the feel of the whole thing. I view it in the same way as Kaputt, in that respect.

I think ‘A Crow…’ is kind of beyond giving an n/10 to… It feels impossible for me to go beyond the emotional impact of it. I don’t even know how to express what I mean here.