What's the most recent album that you'd give a 10/10 to?

yeah I guess it’s a matter of taste. The S/T album sounds like unfinished demos. Very sleepy. droney, slow, that most of the tracks don’t really go anywhere for me.

Here’s how I rank their releases:

1. Exquisite Corpse
  2. The Fool
  3. Heads Up
  4. No Way Out / I’ll Start Believing
  5. Warpaint

Thanks for the info. Will have to investigate. Such a shame about river empires. Im sure i read they had a 7 album plan in place…

Braids – Deep in the Iris.

Has it all: brilliant jazzy/technical drumming; songs that get me all emotional, a feminist manifesto as a song intro…

2 Likes

Oof this is hard. Going back through my album of each year playlists, but sure I’ve missed stuff off those.

Anderson. Paak - Malibu
Todd Terje - It’s Album Time
Destroyer - Kaputt (I know this is about 6 years old now :astonished:)

Sufjan Stevens (Carrie & Lowell), Deerhunter (Fading Frontier), Julie Byrne (Not Even Happiness) & Julia Holter (HYIMW) all come very very close.

This is very close to a 10, aye. Might well be, but probably needs a year to have passed for the dust to have settled.

1 Like

The latest Menzingers record I reckon.

Thanks for this. I’e been listening to the Sunk Oil Moon album over the last week and it’s sublime.

1 Like

E•MO•TION

4 Likes

Without any hesitation, Dripping by Pile

1 Like

Geogaddi

Blind by Swans is one of my all time favourite songs and I can’t help but hear it in a completely different context now

D’Angelo & the Vanguard - Black Messiah
Kendrick Lamar - To Pimp a Butterfly
The Antlers - Burst Apart
Kanye West - My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy
John Maus - We Must Become the Pitiless Censors of Ourselves

4 Likes

Converge - The Dusk In Us is my newest 10/10

What an album

3 Likes

Yep this and relatives in descent for me

1 Like

I haven’t listened to this in a while, but the main track (was it a single?) Miniskirt is amazing. I don’t usually pay that much attention to lyrics, but they are important here.

Yeah that one grabbed me right away for the same reason. Pretty damn striking