What's the most recent album that you'd give a 10/10 to?

pointless
ratings

Kid A

Los Campesinos! — Sick Scenes (2017) would be pretty close to a 10/10. Before that probably Sleigh Bells — Treats (2010)

This would be my exact list. Dinner?

Yes! And it would have an amazing soundtrack.

Frank ocean - blonde

And a 100% serious one

Protomartyr - The Agent Intellect.

How are you guys defining 10/10? Every song great? Or something more intangible? I’m going to go with the latter for now.

The easiest answer that I don’t have to think about at all is “Burst Apart” by The Antlers (2011).

Other more recent candidates that might warrant a disclaimer or two:
Sioux Falls - Rot Forever (2016)
Sufjan Stevens - Carrie and Lowell (2015)
The Hotelier - Home, Like No Place Is There (2014)
Youth Lagoon - Wondrous Bughouse (2013) (Note: I have no idea why this album isn’t more revered)
Sigur Ros - Kveikur (2013)
The National - Trouble Will Find Me (2013)

awesome picks, came here to say hotelier. also agree about agent intellect, thats such a powerful record.

i’d also throw in a shout for too bright by perfume genius

All decent albums, but this thread is getting silly now

Name an album you like

I really think those two albums are that great, and stand higher than a lot of albums that seem to be marked as classics by critics. I’ve never understood the dislike of Trouble Will Find Me, and Wondrous Bughouse (which I admit has more noticeable peaks and valleys than the other albums) functions so well as a whole and the highs are just SO high. “Mute”, “The Bath”, “Third Dystopia”, and “Raspberry Cane” are masterpieces and I think that if they were written by a more celebrated artist they’d be widely considered all-timers.

Peasant ffs

Lana Del Rey’s Lust For Life album~

Genuinely the best record of the 2010s

It’s kind of impossible to define…

An album where you wouldn’t change a single note

An album that as soon as it finishes you want to stick it on again

Or

An album that after it finishes you don’t feel like you can bear to listen to it again.

An album that you can’t imagine being without

I dunno

Should I just say “TPAB” to sound cool like you guys?

Maybe I’ll just pick AOM or HANE as my choices. But they’re probably a given.

I think we can all agree that W is still a massively played album and therefore has to be a 10/10. Also regularly rinse ROTH.

Funkycow made a good definition of 8, 9 & 10 album ratings recently. Can’t remember where he posted it though.

@funkycow to thread!

I’d feel a lot cooler if I knew what more of those acronyms were for. I get to Pimp…