What's the most recent album that you'd give a 10/10 to?

pointless
ratings

I love This Is The Kit! Which one of those should I try first?

There are very few I would give a 10 to - so very many 9s and 8s, but 10s are special and rare.

The two most recent are probably…
The Seer by Swans or…
Space is Only Noise by Nicolas Jaar

I’d be surprised if I could list more than 15 10/10 albums though. Something has to be “changed how I think about music” level good to merit a 10.

Errr, Rachael Dadd. Try her bandcamp page, you can try before you buy there…

Probably Kaput, by Destroyer.

"In terms of actual 10/10s, looking through my favourites of the last few years, I’d say:

Rozi Plain - Joined Sometimes Unjoined
Rachael Dadd - We Resonate

both meet my criteria above (both are unsual / experimental enough folk to tick the original box). They all play with This Is The Kit too, so if you like the letter, you shiould definitely check them out…f*ck it’s hard typing on a train…"

I’d add Nadia Reid to this list. I too love This Is The Kit …

I agree about Bloom, and it dawned on me recently that I think DC is a 10/10 as well. For the longest I didn’t really care for 10:37 or Bluebird, and I started loving both of them recently which pretty much means I love every song on the album, and of course I’ve spent a stupid amount of late night hours listening to it.

So DC would be my answer to OP.

perfect album for me, wouldn’t change a thing - still listen to it a couple of times a week

that’s a what makes 10/10 for me - I think seeing her live for the first time really strengthened my love of this album

I don’t think I really have any 10/10 albums (particularly going by @funkycow’s criteria) as there’s always SOMETHING I don’t like or like less on any album I own. Even albums I deeply love with every inch of my soul have little moments I wish I could change.

That said… the last album that absolutely dominated my life was WIFE’s ‘What’s Between’.

Will look her up!

Moor Mother - Fetish Bones

Paramore

Answer to OP: Julia Holter - Have You In My Wilderness

Other 10s of 2010s
Kendrick Lamar - GKMC
The National - High Violet
Kanye West - MDBTF
Vampire Weekend - MVotC

Close, but no cigar (9-9.5s of 2010s)
Warpaint - S/T
Cloud Nothings - Attack on Memory
Grimes - Visions
Frank Ocean - Channel Orange
Arcade Fire - The Suburbs
Beach House - Bloom
Run the Jewels - RTJ 2
D’Angelo & the Vanguard - Black Messiah
Bonny Bear - S/T
Metronomy - The English Riviera
Chance the Rapper - Colouring Book
Tune-Yards - Whokill
David Bowie - Blackstar
Kendrick Lamar - TPaB

Some I’d forgot about until reading this thread…

Beach House - Bloom
The Antlers - Burst Apart
Anna Von Hauswolff - Ceremony

I love the new Big Thief, Aldous Harding and Slowdive but probably too early to tell.

Only one contender for me. Purity Ring - Shrines. Like others on here, Grimes - Visions is close but not quite there.

Martha - Blisters In The Pit Of My Heart

no one else thinks it’s a 10/10, but whatever

rolls up sleeves

Can I please ask you all to be calm and wait to be permanently banned.

Thank you.

Did you hear Rooms of the House by La Dispute out of interest? I thought that Hotelier album wasn’t fit to clean ROTH’s boots, TBH.

Loved RotH. and yes, I’d rank it above H,LNPIT, I think they were my 2 and 3 of that year at the time.

Still a lot of love for Viet Cong s/t here too. I’d also class both Ought albums in that sort of ‘verging on 10/10’ group… doubt many would agree though

Superunknown