What's the most recent album that you'd give a 10/10 to?

Errr, Rachael Dadd. Try her bandcamp page, you can try before you buy there…

1 Like

Probably Kaput, by Destroyer.

"In terms of actual 10/10s, looking through my favourites of the last few years, I’d say:

Rozi Plain - Joined Sometimes Unjoined
Rachael Dadd - We Resonate

both meet my criteria above (both are unsual / experimental enough folk to tick the original box). They all play with This Is The Kit too, so if you like the letter, you shiould definitely check them out…f*ck it’s hard typing on a train…"

I’d add Nadia Reid to this list. I too love This Is The Kit …

1 Like

I agree about Bloom, and it dawned on me recently that I think DC is a 10/10 as well. For the longest I didn’t really care for 10:37 or Bluebird, and I started loving both of them recently which pretty much means I love every song on the album, and of course I’ve spent a stupid amount of late night hours listening to it.

So DC would be my answer to OP.

perfect album for me, wouldn’t change a thing - still listen to it a couple of times a week

that’s a what makes 10/10 for me - I think seeing her live for the first time really strengthened my love of this album

1 Like

I don’t think I really have any 10/10 albums (particularly going by @funkycow’s criteria) as there’s always SOMETHING I don’t like or like less on any album I own. Even albums I deeply love with every inch of my soul have little moments I wish I could change.

That said… the last album that absolutely dominated my life was WIFE’s ‘What’s Between’.

Will look her up!

Moor Mother - Fetish Bones

Paramore

1 Like

Answer to OP: Julia Holter - Have You In My Wilderness

Other 10s of 2010s
Kendrick Lamar - GKMC
The National - High Violet
Kanye West - MDBTF
Vampire Weekend - MVotC

Close, but no cigar (9-9.5s of 2010s)
Warpaint - S/T
Cloud Nothings - Attack on Memory
Grimes - Visions
Frank Ocean - Channel Orange
Arcade Fire - The Suburbs
Beach House - Bloom
Run the Jewels - RTJ 2
D’Angelo & the Vanguard - Black Messiah
Bonny Bear - S/T
Metronomy - The English Riviera
Chance the Rapper - Colouring Book
Tune-Yards - Whokill
David Bowie - Blackstar
Kendrick Lamar - TPaB

2 Likes

Some I’d forgot about until reading this thread…

Beach House - Bloom
The Antlers - Burst Apart
Anna Von Hauswolff - Ceremony

I love the new Big Thief, Aldous Harding and Slowdive but probably too early to tell.

Only one contender for me. Purity Ring - Shrines. Like others on here, Grimes - Visions is close but not quite there.

1 Like

Martha - Blisters In The Pit Of My Heart

no one else thinks it’s a 10/10, but whatever

3 Likes

rolls up sleeves

Can I please ask you all to be calm and wait to be permanently banned.

Thank you.

3 Likes

Did you hear Rooms of the House by La Dispute out of interest? I thought that Hotelier album wasn’t fit to clean ROTH’s boots, TBH.

Loved RotH. and yes, I’d rank it above H,LNPIT, I think they were my 2 and 3 of that year at the time.

1 Like

Still a lot of love for Viet Cong s/t here too. I’d also class both Ought albums in that sort of ‘verging on 10/10’ group… doubt many would agree though

1 Like

Superunknown

2 Likes

Let me know what you think …

1 Like

Sun Kil Moon - Benji. I adored the record at the time, it soundtracked the many train journeys to see somebody special.

I still adore the record but I can no longer listen to it as it just makes me sad for what I now miss.