What's the most valuable thing you own? / What's the most precious thing you own?

nice, that is fucking awesome

1 Like

Most valuable: laptop
Most precious: also laptop

Freelancer innit

1 Like

Valuable - I have some fairly nice bikes, but they depreciate in price very quickly (basically half their value as soon as you get it, then continue to lose value)- so not that valuable really.

Precious - I suppose the hard drive with photos of the kids on.I should probably get all the older ones backed up on the cloud or something, but my ex has most of the same ones as well anyway.

I don’t think I’m that bothered by individual things really, but I would be absolutely gutted if I lost everything. Saving one item isn’t going to make me feel any better really

Are the keys made from the enamel of the teeth of all the people you’ve killed?

1 Like

…

lifesize crystal sculpture of Gabourey Sidibe

1 Like

probably turntable for both tbh.

Everything else that is either valuable (phone, watch, wallet) or precious (ring, glasses, ipod (shut-up, yes)) I have on me at all times.

My computer on both counts. It’s one I put together and it cost a fair bit, but it’s also got loads of important sentimental stuff on there I would be absolutely gutted to lose e.g. rare music, music stuff I’ve done, writing, etc.

Oh and also the hammer I keep next to my bed.

Valuable: £1,800 electronic drum kit…so valuable and precious to me that I lost one of the legs.

Precious: dunno…your mum?

Valuable. Probably my laptop, cost just over a grand.
Precious : Probably a necklace my mum used to wear. When she died there was a period of time when I thought my dad had given it away to a random relative but it finally ended up with me. I assume I have bravely dragged my cats and girlfriend out by this point. (in that order)

precious - early edition of The Dispossessed, couple of band t shirts that have sentimental value (No Age and 2008 Justice tour shirt), my notebooks/journals.

valuable - idk, maybe a le creuset type thing I was given for xmas?

Precious:

Valuable: Computer

2 Likes

valuable - my first acoustic guitar/my sunglasses
precious - probably my guitar/sunglasses

Valuable: my engagement ring

Precious: hmmm not sure. Either my MacBook because it has loads of photos and all of my academic writing on it, or a literal suitcase full of photos.

I lost ALL of my possessions about 8 years ago, including lots of sentimental things, so I try not to care too much about ‘stuff’ anymore.

Valuable: My engagement ring
Precious: I wouldn’t run into a burning building for anything really, maybe a McKenzie Thorpe limited edition print I really like

A few sick burns to fiancees in this thread

1 Like

you have 35 grand pianos? You must have a massive house to fit them all in!

3 Likes

Valuable: I have nothing worth stealing m8, don’t know what you’re on about

Precious: Emmett, my cat. duh.

1 Like

Valuable; probably a Julian Opie self-portrait which I think is worth a fair bit more than anything else in the house.

Precious; dunno…the kids? Everything else is insured. It would be a shame to lose old irreplaceable family photos but I wouldn’t say there were any that were specifically precious I dunno

Can’t really imagine running into a burning building to rescue anything inanimate …though I’d maybe grab USB sticks and a couple of hard drives on my way out of a burning building