What's the most you've ever paid for a concert ticket?

Single show, no festivals.

Paid 220 to see Neil Young at a small venue in Boston solo acoustic like 5 rows back. Was worth it.

3 Likes

Can’t remember exactly how much but it was for the first time I went to see Sufjan (paid via eBay). Possibly £160 for two tickets?

Gig was amazing though. Sufjan in full wingspan mode

2 Likes

Little under £100 to see Elton John. Shit arena, bad seats but entirely worth it.

2 Likes

£100, Wu-Tang/Public Enemy/De La Soul. Sound was atrocious and the whole thing sucked.

5 Likes

£60 to see Depeche Mode. I can’t think of anyone I’d pay that for any more.

3 Likes

Think about 50. I haven’t gone to see any really big bands in a good while

3 Likes

Prince at the MEN the last time he played Manchester £75 I think?

3 Likes

Last Springsteen show in 2016 was about £70 according to my old emails, actually kinda surprised as assumed it was above £100.

1 Like

Do yourself a favor and don’t look at ticket prices for his upcoming tour.

1 Like

Haha. It’s a milestone birthday for me next year and our tenth anniversary, so we’d been floating the idea of a nice holiday to the US to coincide with a show, if some happen later in the year. But the dynamic pricing garbage and the pound dropping so much have made that even more of a pipedream I think…

1 Like

Also 100% my response as well.

1 Like

£150 for the Stones in 2018. I’ll never need to see them again but left the stadium thinking it was worth every penny.

4 Likes

Bob Dylan and Neil Young in Hyde park was about £90. Last Bruce Springsteen tour was similar I think.

Can easily pay more than that for theatre or opera in London, so pretty good for the amount of entertainment.

2 Likes

About £150 for 2 tickets to see Rihanna in 2016 (birthday present for my eldest)

Had some freebies with face value way, way beyond that though

1 Like

35 quid for Joanna Newsom

3 Likes

Didn’t you see Billy Idol recently? Only adds to his greatness if he’s keeping tickets under 35 bucks.

Paid £90 for Caetano Veloso last year, worth it.

1 Like

£75 for David Byrne. Decent seats, one of the best gigs I’ve ever seen.

4 Likes

And I guess Depeche Mode tickets for next year were about the same

Think it was around $60 for Tool in 2002.

1 Like