What's the most you've ever paid for one single drink?

Probably also just a silly cocktail but what springs to mind is this double rum and coke for £12 at the Inn on the Park at Victoria Park

I’ve definitely had a £20 cocktail somewhere.

Whether I actually paid is debatable though.

1 Like

Actually I have been to the gardens by the bay in Singapore where you pay £20 for a drink that also gets you access to the rooftop bar

2 Likes

£14 for a measure of Johnnie Walker Blue. Was very nice and defo worth it, though not something I’m likely to repeat very often. And as nice it was, absolutely no way I’d ever be dropping £200+ on a bottle (pending lottery win).

Probably best part of £7 on a pint. I am simply too tight fisted for much more than that.

12 quid on a cocktail

It’ll be a solid whisky or brandy or possibly even calva when I’ve been too blitzed to consider what I’m doing, and I would guess somewhere between 30 and 50 pounds as the rough ballpark.

This isn’t a regular occurrence mind you

Definitely got carried away at a rooftop bar in New York with an amazing view. IIRC our cocktails were $35. Doesn’t seem like real money on holiday does it?

1 Like

A tenner for this cocoa fruit caipirinha on holiday last year. It was magnificent tbf

8 Likes

Went to India to see England play cricket and travel around a bit some years ago. Hadn’t really been drinking during the trip but met up with a few mates in Mumbai and went to the famous Taj Palace hotel. After a few beers I decided to order 4 double gin and tonics (1 each, not all for me) without really thinking. Cost £160.

1 Like

Was that how much that was? Reckon i was up there 15minutes

I was gonna be all i never break the £10 mark but then i remembered ive got multiple £12-15 bottles of beer

Cocktails at the Savoy are something like £20 a pop. Been a few other places and paid similar, high end cocktail bars are bloody nice. Plus you get free nibbles usually, bargain really.

1 Like

The arms damn man

3 Likes

Can’t remember exactly on what or how much, but have spent in the teens for 25ml whisky measures on Islay on a few occasions (one of the Octomores springs to mind)

2 Likes

Paid 9.50 for a third of omnipollo sludge in the Cambridge brewhouse. Mate paid 12 quid for a 330ml can of tiny rebel in the gryphon in Bristol. His face was a picture when he was confronted with that

Had a cocktail in noted dickhead establishment gaucho years ago that was over 30 so prob equates to nearly 50 now. Mate ordered a round and felt guilty so charged them to work. Was sworn to pretend I ran a small engineering business if called

I know it says no wine but me and a mate decided to go for a meal at a steak restaurant after going to the beer mile and bought a bottle of wine for about 45 quid. He’d had covid so couldn’t taste anything and I was so smashed they could have served meths. Couple of absolute dickheads.
Tried to put the meal on expenses and my boss laughed at me

1 Like

London is one of the most expensive cities on earth and home to a hefty proportion of the worlds richest people. Surely you can spend more than £100 on a drink somewhere. I’ve been in a pub in the highlands where you can spend nearly that much on a dram.

1 Like

Salt Bae probably sells £100 gold pints, for a start

1 Like

Loads of places will have yer Louis XIIIs etc. For a couple of hundred a measure. Imagine a few of them are chucking that into a cocktail, multiplying the price and fleecing coked up millionaires