What's the point in getting individual guitar pedals?

pedal
guitarpedals
multieffects
guitars
guitareffects

When the Boss GT-3 already has it all?

Multi-effects > Single-effects. The clue is in the name.

7 Likes

Wish I’d never strayed from multifx, had a lot more fun with my me30 than a floor full of pedals, back on track with the helix LT now

1 Like

I would like a proper answer to this please.

Single pedals give you more choice, you can buy one with precisely the sound and parameters you want rather than having to make do with whatever’s built into the multifx, can also be a lot higher quality. Like the helix I bought really is a pro level piece of equipment and yet the reverbs are genuinely bad

2 Likes

Also flexibility with placement and routing, multifx are better now, but in the past have been one of each type of effect in a fixed order

1 Like

you only really need an overdrive and fuzz pedal, everything else sounds better added in the studio afterwards really

“yeah i just use the distortion and delay pedals mostly”

5 Likes

Less fun while playing though

1 Like

pedals are a pain I think, I rarely twiddle with mine, I want to be playing the guitar not twiddling the knobs

See, I want to be twiddling the knobs not playing the guitar (but only because I can’t play guitar very well)

8 Likes

is there an envelope triggered tape like vibrato on that thing?

But once they are set it’s more fun playing with the intended sound than applying after

1 Like

A cheaper/space-saving way of indulging the collector impulse when compared to guitars or amps.

Plus some are really colourful oooh shiny

5 Likes

yeah that’s true, don’t really notice missing reverb or delay when I’m playing though

1 Like

someone hsould make a really awesome pedal board that you can slot all the pedals in perfectly and it looks dead sexy instead of all pedal boards ever that look like shit and have wires everywhere

2 Likes

I just use Boss pedals. Best pedals.

1 Like

3 Likes

Weird how many crazy effects developed all the time yet you never hear them on records

2 Likes

multifx are just pretty limiting, if you can afford to buy individual pedals you’re only limited by your budget and imagination in terms of the combination of sounds you can create

Too complicated for me.