What's the shittest toasting bread?

Got to be any kind of tiger bread or sourdough, surely. Fundamentally shite toasters.

Most of the smaller loaves can only take a very light toast as well. The Warbies wholemeal’s a standard soup dipper or chip butty option, but more than 45 seconds in the tommy and you might aswell eat a fucking shoe.

Obviously you want some sort of thick seeded loaf ideally.

White bloomer, esp with sesame seeds or something on top.

1 Like

As a general rule, wholemeal sliced toasts badly IMO.

3 Likes

medium warbutons is fucking shite

Hovis thick sliced granary is the best fay to day all round loaf with an eye to toasting

accept no substitutes - although I have been irritated by inconsistent slice thickness recently

2 Likes

Slices of cauliflower

1 Like

wholemeal bread is one of those things that people kid themselves is better than white bread cos it’s healthier, when in fact it is just a bit shit, and really shit when toasted

4 Likes

WJO

5 Likes

Dark rye bread, obviously.

1 Like

Delicious when toasted.

7 Likes

Tiger bread is great toasted, but I’d prefer it as it is.

Any European packaged white bread is SHITE for toasting, ESPECIALLY if it has the worst ‘toast’ anywhere on the packaging.

Baguettes, obviously.

Danish bread.

Burns really easily, and even if you manage to not nuke it the slices only hold heat for about 23 seconds and then they’re stone cold

bought myself a white loaf this weekend as a treat and it’s just not as good as anything with a bit of brown in

also they fund the tories

2 Likes

Warburtons donate to the Conservative Party. I don’t buy their products.

5 Likes

And saino’s crumpets are cheaper with less salt in so…

Buying any branded bread is an absolute mugs game. Own brand or the bakery, cheers

2 Likes

I’d agree with this, but Jackson’s seeded bloomer says otherwise @thewarn

Jacksons is good but is basically as spenny as the bakery so no point