What's the strangest thing that people consistantly lie about?

People who write for a living often seem to be obsessed with making up stories about things their kids have done or said.

The format is almost always the same - nearly always a tweet, always starts with 'My _-year old…", and without fail it’s something far-fetched which has clearly come from the mind of an adult.

If you ever see a tweet like this, look in their bio, and 90% of the time they will be a journalist or author.

Don’t get it.

Shoot…

9 Likes

How busy they are and how little sleep they’ve had.

17 Likes

How little they care about something that’s clearly winding them up

10 Likes

Pretending they don’t watch telly all day. We all do, it’s fine.

12 Likes

This is a great shout.

People get a lot more sleep than they think 90% of the time, and that’s a hill I’ll, etc.

1 Like

How much coal they had

7 Likes

That they know where places are. Get it a lot at work. “So where around [insert place name] can I buy your beer?” “Well we’re in [names of 3 or 4 pubs in various nearby places] if you know them?” “Oh yeah, yeah definitely, I’ll check them out” when they clearly have never heard of the places in question. Just say you’ve never been there mate, it’s fine.

4 Likes

Kids saying they’ve not revised for tests. Used to hate everyone sympathy lying to me about this. I’m not saying it to show off - I’m panicking

11 Likes

Being ushered out of a mosque

7 Likes

Their height

5 Likes

Big fan of @3FtTallRabbityThing liking this

13 Likes

Do people lie about their height?

I hope Taylor Swift isn’t lying about being 5’11", because being the same height as Taylor Swift is a personal point of pride for me.

5 Likes

When middle class people say ‘you must come over for supper some time’ but don’t mean it. When I first moved down south I thought I must have upset someone who said this but then never invited me.

4 Likes

I am also 5’11 , it’s the perfect height imo - tall enough to reach things without back pain (generally), under 6 foot to stay humble.

4 Likes

I think it’s quite common on dating apps etc

1 Like

Middle class people pretending they’re working class. We all fucking know.

5 Likes

preferring dark chocolate (if diet allows for milk chocolate)

1 Like

I always say i’m 5’10, seems about right, but there is no way to know for sure so I might be lying

4 Likes

Just turn up at their house tonight with a bowl

3 Likes

On a similar tangent, people who buy a house and skirt around the fact that they could only afford it because of help from their family.

Don’t even care, if it’s open to you then you’d be stupid not to take it. Don’t pretend otherwise though*

*and yes, I know not all homeowners receive help from their family.

3 Likes