What's the verdict on this then?

Yeah that’s fine but I don’t think it’s fair to say she’s piggybacked a career off a tv show she did as a preteen when she’s obviously very vocally talented is all

1 Like

I don’t have anything against Miley (and I think Wrecking Ball is an all time great pop song) but I always feel being vocally talented is such a low bar to clear for a pop star.

Well yeah but she’s really good, by the standards of being good enough to be a famous singer, she’s great

1 Like

She’s a good singer, with a pretty distinctive voice. But there are lots of those out there. The difference between the people doing it on cruise ships and people doing it in arenas is, for want of a better expression, a certain X Factor plus opportunities / good fortune etc etc. Would she be a successful artist without having a famous dad and a career as a child star? Maybe, I’m sure she works very hard, and like I said, she’s good at what she does. But you can’t discount it as part of her success.

1 Like

ok?

3 Likes

marked it as good - not a huge fan of the song but do love her voice, very distinct and just raspy enough.

there is so much credible pop about now that the bar for the songs is really high

still love miley though

Think it’s pretty bad tbh, sounds like the sort of thing that a relatively average British Radio 2 style singer would have had a top ten hit with 15 years ago before fading into obscurity.

She’s not entirely in my wheelhouse, but even with that she’s done way better/more interesting things than this.

Sounds like I Will Survive

1 Like

Unabashedly love this, the whole vibe is great, nice tight piece of pop writing, nods to some real classics while making a neat wee thing of its own, plus she sounds great on the vocal, really effortless and cool

2 Likes