What's the worst (or most unusual) thing you've had to wear as a result of paid employment?

Did they send you out for a tin of tartan paint after that?

Did my work experience in the community football department at the Wolves.

Had to dress up as Wolfie and walk around Wolverhampton town centre handing out flyers for the half term soccer school things.

In ‘regular’ employment, had to wear an awful hi-vis polo shirt at Asda. Was itchy as fuck.

one place insisted on short sleeve shirts

was horrible.

Ties are pretty weird aren’t they

3 Likes

When I worked at Warner Village Cinema before it turned into Vue I had to wear blue combats, a bright yellow t-shirt and a blue baseball cap. Was sexy.

I didn’t exactly have to but here’s a pic of me at work one day last year

in a school

3 Likes

yep - really odd

especially when we force kids to wear them for school

terrifying - must have been so many traumatised youngsters

Got told to wear something st. patrick’s day-ish and the only green thing I could find was a Sufjan Illinois t-shirt so wore that. Got told it wasn’t irish enough so ended up doing a couple of hours behind the bar in a leprechaun waistcoat, beard and guiness top hat

8 Likes

Such a weird thing to insist on. Should have turned up in one of these badboys

2 Likes

yep

3 Likes

I was quite excited by this until I got to the Waitrose part. Before that you could have been a JT impersonator.

Was this what they were going for?

1 Like

You’ve all heard about the uniform I’ve been given to wear.

Well I’m not going to wear it.

4 Likes

Please see @Mistersteve first picture, I actually thought he had worked there too until I saw the banana.

I need reminding of this uniform.

Ha. That was a ‘wear yellow for some charity’ day. I got out of it pretty well, in hindsight.

Bright orange t shirt when I worked in a toy shop. That’s about it. Never had a job where I couldn’t wear whatever I wanted otherwise.

Continuing to resolutely ignore the OP here but…

I once went through a phase of wearing braces cos I was just so bloody stylish. Some colleagues noticed that I would often do this on a Friday so instituted a “Braces Friday” tradition where everyone would wear braces. I’d be there looking earnestly (read hopefully) suave in my finely woven brown paisley braces and everyone else in those cheap brightly coloured ones you can buy in TopShop that break after a couple of weeks. Really killed my buzz.

3 Likes