What's Their Best Song? #11: Bob Dylan

Hello. We all love voting and ranking stuff, right? So let’s do it with some artists’ back catalogues. This will be a series of threads (unsure of timeframe etc at the moment) so if you don’t like an artist then don’t you worry your sweet ass, another will be along soon after. This time we’ll be voting on songs by BOB DYLAN

HOW IT WORKS

So, voting will be similar to ones I’ve done before. You have 10 points to distribute however you like, across the entirety of the artist (Bob Dylan in this case)‘s entire catalogue of songs. Album tracks, singles, b-sides, whatever you like, if I can google it and verify that it’s by them then it can get points. You can give all 10 points to one song or 1 point to 10 songs or anything in between. I’ll then calculate the points totals and do a results thread where the boards’ favourite song by whoever the subject is will be revealed.

:rotating_light: PLEASE DM ME TO VOTE, VOTES POSTED IN THE THREADS WILL NOT BE COUNTED :rotating_light:

Any questions? Thought not, let’s get going!

General chat is encouraged, obviously.

8 Likes

another one where there’s a very obvious top pick for me, just got to decide how many others to include

1 Like

fuck yes, hyped for this

2 Likes

featured in both the High Fidelity and Royal Tenenbaums soundtracks - truly the mark of a genius :pray:

2 Likes

Fuck takin part of this one I’ll have a crisis. Too many songs.

1 Like

the trick is to get your list done quickly without thinking too much, then spend the rest of the week plagued with regret

8 Likes

I literally started thinking about it and wanted to curl in a ball.

1 Like

Tempted to whack it all on Murder Most Foul

Tempted to whack it all on Like A Rolling Stone

Tempted to whack it all on Hurricane

Tempted to whack it all on If You See Her, Say Hello

Tempted to whack it all on Positively Fourth Street

Tempted to whack it all on A Hard Rain’s Gonna Fall

Tempted to whack it all on Fuck’s sake Funkhouser, you monstrous bastard. This is gonna be harder than R.E.M…

6 Likes

Also, I hope nobody sleeps on his best album in the past 30 years

5 Likes

Add Wonder Boys to that list

very much used to be of the view that most Dylan covers were better than the originals, which I’ve aged out of

but still think it holds true here - a (relatively) shonky original which is just stunning in this version. And from a very different type of performer, I find the message just as believable if from a different perspective

4 Likes

need someone else to vote for buckets of rain, didn’t quite make it onto my list

1 Like

Pure joy tbf

11 Likes

Yeah this is going to be tricky but definitely will be a point or more for this

3 Likes

Not my favourite ever artist, but reckon he has more great songs than anyone else.

6 Likes

For fuck sakes man, right I’ll get back to you on this.
Gives me a good excuse to listen to entirety of the back catalogue :grinning::laughing:

Tell you what though, he’s got fucking wads of great songs. :grinning:

7 Likes

How long have I got?

No deadline as yet. A good while though.

1 Like

Also like to say a big hello and send my love to all you fellow Dylan enthusiasts :grinning::kissing_heart:

4 Likes

Sweet. I mean blood on the tracks has about 4 of the best songs ever written on it :grinning:

1 Like