What's Their Best Song? #12: Oasis

Hello. We all love voting and ranking stuff, right? So let’s do it with some artists’ back catalogues. This will be a series of threads (unsure of timeframe etc at the moment) so if you don’t like an artist then don’t you worry your sweet ass, another will be along soon after. This time we’ll be voting on songs by OASIS

HOW IT WORKS

So, voting will be similar to ones I’ve done before. You have 10 points to distribute however you like, across the entirety of the artist (Oasis in this case)‘s entire catalogue of songs. Album tracks, singles, b-sides, whatever you like, if I can google it and verify that it’s by them then it can get points. You can give all 10 points to one song or 1 point to 10 songs or anything in between. I’ll then calculate the points totals and do a results thread where the boards’ favourite song by whoever the subject is will be revealed.

:rotating_light: PLEASE DM ME TO VOTE, VOTES POSTED IN THE THREADS WILL NOT BE COUNTED :rotating_light:

Any questions? Thought not, let’s get going!

General chat is encouraged, obviously.

2 Likes

Don’t say you weren’t warned

liam gallagher GIF

2 Likes

Liam Gallagher Yes GIF by AbsoluteRadio

1 Like

Their cover of I Am The Walrus

1 Like

Get it on by T-Rex

Haven’t The Beatles already been done

liam gallagher smile GIF

Will get our kid involved in this one - loves a bit of Oasis.

1 Like

Some absolute ‘hilarity’ in here already.

4 Likes

Liam Gallagher Agree GIF by AbsoluteRadio

1 Like

In all seriousness it is Acquiesce followed by The Masterplan

4 Likes

Cast No Shadow is good isn’t it

7 Likes

F-ing in the bushes, but only cause they start it with a quote from the Isle of Wight festival.

I was a huge Oasis fan as a kid, I think now I find little very listenable other than bits off the first album like Slide Away and Columbia. I could happily live never hearing Cigarettes & Alcohol, Roll With It or Wonderwall again. I actually went through What’s The Story Morning Glory a while back, it struck me as pretty weak. Take away the two instrumentals and the Hello song and there are only 9 proper tracks to start with. Hey Now is really drab as is the title track. Quite liked Some Might Say though, forgot about that one.

It’s this isn’t it?

2 Likes

Masterplan for me, the chorus is undeniable.

A few Oasis songs I like really, Columbia, Slide Away, Half The World Away, Stay Young, Songbird…

Strange how this was tucked away on the LP for ages in an era most people weren’t really buying LP’s, I think it’s grand

3 Likes

All parts of this on YouTube

2 Likes

Yes thanks, looking forward to this one.
Early contenders - some might say. Listen up.
D’yer wanna be a spaceman.

Heard champagne supernova recently and thought the mellow bits sounded better than ever.

2 Likes

They’re the perfect example of a band who doesn’t have a best song. They have lots of songs that exist and that people say “oh I know this, this is Oasis” to and that’s it.

I also want to add that I have nothing against Oasis. Just my mum for playing them in the car all the time when I was young.

Tempted to kingmake Cloudburst

4 Likes