What's Their Best Song? #13: Kate Bush

Hello. We all love voting and ranking stuff, right? So let’s do it with some artists’ back catalogues. This will be a series of threads (unsure of timeframe etc at the moment) so if you don’t like an artist then don’t you worry your sweet ass, another will be along soon after. This time we’ll be voting on songs by KATE BUSH

HOW IT WORKS

So, voting will be similar to ones I’ve done before. You have 10 points to distribute however you like, across the entirety of the artist (Kate Bush in this case)‘s entire catalogue of songs. Album tracks, singles, b-sides, whatever you like, if I can google it and verify that it’s by them then it can get points. You can give all 10 points to one song or 1 point to 10 songs or anything in between. I’ll then calculate the points totals and do a results thread where the boards’ favourite song by whoever the subject is will be revealed.

:rotating_light: PLEASE DM ME TO VOTE, VOTES POSTED IN THE THREADS WILL NOT BE COUNTED :rotating_light:

Any questions? Thought not, let’s get going!

General chat is encouraged, obviously.

9 Likes

kate bush 80s GIF

2 Likes

For your consideration

4 Likes

Pls also consider

5 Likes

Definitely a contender for some points:

2 Likes

Got to be Running Up That Hill, the sound of the summer!

3 Likes

Cloudbusting

8 Likes

I will find it very difficult to vote for anything outside of the big singles in this one. But they’re all bangers, so no regrets.

1 Like
3 Likes

Was literally in the middle of posting “please don’t let me be the only person to vote for Hello Earth”.

1 Like

I’m very lazy admin wise and have yet to properly submit any ratings in these threads, could be any number of songs from HoL (almost went for Cloudbusting or Mother…) but this is so stunning, always feels like the pinnacle of the album

Think I can only name about 5 KB songs but I like them all

3 Likes

Good song.
The video is a bit:
“What if Kate Bush and Donald Sutherland were the Krankies?” though

1 Like

Yuss yusss yussss fuck wait I have 10 points

For everyone’s consideration, these are two of the loveliest songs that I didn’t listen to until recently and they make me cry evrytim.

3 Likes
12 Likes

Ooof this is gonna be a tough kingmakering

2 Likes

I don’t think I was aware of This Woman’s Work, until that scene in The Handmaid’s Tale. Beautiful song!

Looking forward to all the good songs I’m not familiar with so I can listen to them before voting, and giving them all due consideration and then I’ll vote for the songs I’d already decided on pretty much as soon as Farmhouser came up with this concept

Fresh Off The Boat Reaction GIF

1 Like