What's Their Best Song? #15: Björk

Hello. We all love voting and ranking stuff, right? So let’s do it with some artists’ back catalogues. This will be a series of threads (unsure of timeframe etc at the moment) so if you don’t like an artist then don’t you worry your sweet ass, another will be along soon after. This time we’ll be voting on songs by BJÖRK

HOW IT WORKS

So, voting will be similar to ones I’ve done before. You have 10 points to distribute however you like, across the entirety of the artist (Björk in this case)‘s entire catalogue of songs. Album tracks, singles, b-sides, whatever you like, if I can google it and verify that it’s by them then it can get points. You can give all 10 points to one song or 1 point to 10 songs or anything in between. I’ll then calculate the points totals and do a results thread where the boards’ favourite song by whoever the subject is will be revealed.

:rotating_light: PLEASE DM ME TO VOTE, VOTES POSTED IN THE THREADS WILL NOT BE COUNTED :rotating_light:

Any questions? Thought not, let’s get going!

General chat is encouraged, obviously.

7 Likes

bj hidden place GIF

7 Likes
3 Likes

Bjorkshireeee, bjorkshireeee

will check in to listen to the top 5, but no voting for me - not an artist I know or care much for, but will be interesting to read the chat given how beloved i know she is

1 Like

or maybe i’ll KM the one song I love, who knows

1 Like

Crikey, AQOS, Tom Waits listening club and WTBS Bjork are all go, what a brilliant day on DiS

6 Likes

You should probably sign up for secret santa too! (so should everyone else!)

1 Like

I’m only joking btw, only sign up if you really wanna.

or else

1 Like

I think deciding which ten songs to pick will make me EMOTIONAL

4 Likes

CAN ALSO CONFIRM THAT AFTER THIS EDITION THERE WILL BE A WTBS CHRISTMAS SPECIAL

12 Likes

What a nice birthday present for Bjork!

Much as I love her I’m going to really struggle to pick out my favourites. Might end up going full 10 points for something fairly random.

I feel like a horrible person because I like 90’s electro/dance adjacent Bjork, but find her lengthly vocal explorations of grief more trying. Made the transition from an artist I love to an artist I admire at some point around Volta. I expect my scores will skew heavy towards tracks with cool videos that imprinted on me as a teenager.

1 Like

Just by chance came across this. Had no idea she’d recorded with Plaid.

6 Likes

THE LONG WAIT FOR A WTBS I CAN ACTUALLY TAKE PART IN IS FINALLY OVER :sob: :sob: :sob:

Btw her new album is absolutely wonderful and I’d really encourage anyone who maybe hasn’t connected with the last few albums to give it a couple of listens. It’s not instant, it does take a couple of listens but to my ears at least is a lot more accessible than Utopia & Vulnicura.

It definitely has it’s own unique character but the previous album it reminds me most of, in parts at least, is actually the Dancer in the Dark soundtrack. There’s something in the strings and sound structure and whilst she isn’t going to give you a big chorus these days there is a focal point that the songs loop round to, which make them easier to connect to than the last two albums. Some of the songs would even blend pretty seamlessly with Homogenic tbh.

2 Likes

Does this include Sugarcubes tracks?

If so there should be a very obvious winner.

3 Likes

Agreed - closest in feel to Vespertine to my ears

1 Like